Prayers are being answered

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by pepper, Nov 6, 2006.

1. pepper

pepper New Member

I just wanted to share with all of you the fact that I am receiving answers to prayers. When I came back on this board after a long absence, it was with a heavy heart that I asked for your prayers.

I had been so sick for 2 months after feeling so much better in the spring. I had slid back to being worse than I had been in my 14 yrs of illness. I was so depressed.

Thank you, God! I am now on my way back to feeling better. My insurance company agreed to pay for BioCranial treatments thanks to the Prayer Thread. These treatments make an incredible difference in my life.

My DH was in a bad space. Even though we need him to find a job, he wasn't working at it very hard and couldn't understand why he needed to work. He too was depressed because his sister was dying of cancer and a brother had been dx with cancer and was starting treatment.

Thank you, God! My DH now understands that he needs to work and has been trying hard to find something. A few doors seem to be opening. None of them are what we had in mind - but maybe they are what God has in mind.

Thank you to all the board members who have offered prayers for my various requests. There is obviously power in numbers!

(((HUGS)))and blessings to everyone here.
    Pepper

2. dejovu

dejovu New Member

I am sooooooooo happy for you and I to have been noticing so many answers to pray not just for myself but for so many on this borad.

It is an amazing place with amazing people. But I believe we were all brought here for a reason. Everyday those reasons seem to be a little clearer.

I see strength in prayer here and also a bond of faith that you don't find very often. The support of those who share their love of Jesus and their fellow Christians is so beautiful to see.

It is such a blessing from God to be a part of all this. It doesn't seem to matter if we are giving or recieving. Since we all have been on both sided and blessed either way.

You know I'm still praying for you. It's hard to stop once you start. It would feel like I was forgeting a family member and that would be true. De
  3. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

I pray for you and your husband often. It is because I have a good mental image of you from your bio. That helps me so much. I know your problems have been ongoing for a very long time. Money isn't the answer to everything, but it sure helps if you have some.

I will continue my prayers for you pepper, and that your husband find steady work with benefits.

May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
  4. caffey

caffey New Member

Wow this is so neat how God is answering prayers. I am soooo happy that things are working out for you phsyically and you are feeling some better. You know the Lord has a lot of "splaning" to do but until then we just have to trust. His ways are not our ways but His ways are perfect. Father I just ask for an absolute divine intervention for Pepper's husband. Please swing open a door wide and when You do that we know that no one can shut it. Father, enough is enough. Please bring stability into their relationship and especially in this area of finding a job. In Jesus Name I call forth that job that You have prepared for him. So Father I ask that this very day we will hear good news. Thank you in Jesus Name. Amen.
  5. Seeseaisme

Seeseaisme New Member

When I was a kid going to church we learned a little song. Some of the words to it were, the blessings will come down as the prayers go up.

I'm so glad you have the ability to see your prayers are being answered. In my former life (before this dd), I would ask God why he wasn't helping me. Now I know that he does, I just have to realize what my blessings are.

hope you are doing well, sees
  6. pepper

pepper New Member

That is what we have to do, take it one day at a time. I am not leaping tall buildings yet but I truly believe that through God all things are possible.

When I was so sick during the summer I was really struggling with my faith. It was desperation that led me back to this board and I thank God for that.

My faith has become stronger witnessing the faith, hope and love on this board.

And when I am feeling so crummy that I can't do anything else, I can at least pray for someone here who needs my prayers. That lifts me up and I immediately feel better about myself and about my life.

I appreciate your prayers, tigress, and will continue to pray for you and your honey.

(((HUGS)))Pepper
  7. pepper

pepper New Member

for continuing to pray for me and my DH.

You are so right about the "family feeling" on this board. I feel like I am in a safe haven when I come to the Worship Board. This is where I come when I am feeling sick or starting to feel down. Being here and praying and witnessing God's work always brings me back up again.

It is wonderful to witness the bond of faith and to see prayers being answered day after day. I do believe that everything happens for a reason and we are all here to uplift each other. That is certainly happening and I am so happy to be a part of it.

(((HUGS)))Pepper
  8. pepper

pepper New Member

Thank you for praying for my DH and me and the job situation. This has been a long haul for us but I believe that God will send something our way soon. I am trying not to lose that faith.

Money is certainly not the answer to everything. I see people around me every day who have lots of it but I feel much richer. However, we do need to pay the bills.

I am still working on surrendering to His Will and accepting whatever He decides. I think I have made some progress in that lately. Maybe it's all that singing and your piano-playing!

(((HUGS)))Pepper
  9. pepper

pepper New Member

for your beautiful prayer.

Two months ago I couldn't even envision going for a walk every day even though my physiotherapist told me I had to in order to reduce the pain in my lower back. Unbelievably I have walked outside or on the treadmill every day in the past week. And I am going to Arthritis AquaFit this afternoon. It is amazing that I have come so far in such a short time.

I believe that nurturing my spiritual side has helped improve my physical self. My N.D. encourages that aspect of my healing which he thinks is essential. This board is an important part of that for me.

One important thing I left out of my original post: When my DH and I got married after years of being apart, we were extremely happy. Our wonderful life together took a nosedive 6 yrs later when I was hit with CFS/FM. These past 14 yrs have been a struggle. He wanted to "fix" me as all men do but it just wasn't happening and we have had a lot of ups and downs.

For some reason, this past month has been the best month of our marriage. We have been enjoying each other's company more and we have both found a true peace in our relationship. We still have the financial struggle but it is manageable now with this new-found peace.

I don't know why this has happened - but I am so happy that it has!

(((HUGS)))Pepper
  10. pepper

pepper New Member

I too am just learning that God does answer our prayers - in His Way, not necessarily our way. That is why I am trying to learn to surrender to His Will. It is not an easy thing to do!

I love that expression "the blessings will come down as the prayers go up". What a beautiful picture that presents!

(((HUGS)))Pepper
  11. pepper

pepper New Member

I think that being able to share both the good and the bad and being able to help others is what makes this "family" so helpful to me too.

I feel the love and support on here makes me feel better about my whole life.

(((HUGS)))Pepper
  12. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I"m so glad that things are turning around for you.

I"ll continue to keep you in my prayers,
    I think if we all keep praying for each other, we"ll be getting many more good reports. God is faithful.
    Please pray for me that I'll have the strong faith to accept healing.
    I know its there, I just need to accept it without questionie it.

blessing sixtyslady
    I can believe for others. but have a hard time believing for myself.
  13. pepper

pepper New Member

I will certainly pray that you receive the grace to accept healing. According to my N.D.,our bodies have a natural desire to be in balance. We have to remove emotional blocks in order to allow God's grace in and our bodies can heal.

I am working on this myself by doing EFT. Have you ever tried it? It is so simple that I cannot believe that it works. But it does.

I had heard about it on the CFS/FM board and downloaded the instructions from the mercola site long ago but never really learned how to do it.

I decided to learn it last week because my ND had heard good reports about its effectiveness. It involves less than a minute's worth of tapping on certain acupressure points. I immediately feel better! It has to be done often but it is simple and quick and well worth learning if you are trying to eliminate emotional blocks.

Just an idea.

(((HUGS)))Pepper