Prayers for Despair

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Elisa, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Elisa

Elisa Member

Hi All,

I am trying so hard - but am so sick - so I need help with my praying. Or maybe just need to not feel so alone...

I feel despair - I had shaking chills the last 24 hrs and have had a fever now over a year...I am so weak and want so so badly not to get worse or even to get better. My hope is low, so I need your help as my prayer friends.

I have bad survival fears - I like and want to take care of myself but being this weak I am useless...

I am not brave and I need courage and greater faith and hope. I cry so much I am tired...

God Bless You,

Elisabeth
  2. windblade

windblade Active Member

Hi,

We also are just starting a depression thread, since many of us suffer from clinical or situational or any kind of depression. Which also blends into despair.

Praying for your whole situation. Agreeing in prayer with Tiggy's requests.

May our Lord save you miracuously! Coming into every part of your being and life!

In Jesus' holy name,
    Amen

p.s. the thread is already started, under Tiggy's name, and we are just saturating everyone in prayer.

Love, Judy

3. Elisa

Elisa Member

Tiggy,

You must know how much your words mean to me today...God surely sent you to me. I have been petrified over this illness and have had it 12+ yrs - with the last couple really testing my will.

I pray that I can listen and re-read your words and draw strength and faith from what you have been through...

I am a cryer too and I wish I was not - it just builds up in me so I can't control my tears...

I don't eat fish or seafood anymore - in fact I seem not to be able to eat much - most things cause my throat to swell. I think I am in deep grief and can't get out.

I have to fight so hard everyday - with multiple health issues - like trouble breathing or severe pain. I have so few tools and I just wish I could get better from some part of it. I just want to scream I am so sad and angry - still...after all these years.

God Bless You Tiggy - really really thank you so so much. I do need to learn to "just be" with this illness - but I get lost in despair and fear and shame.

Thank you for reaching your hand and faith out to me and giving me hope. There is nothing more precious to me.

God Bless You Tiggy,

Elisabeth
  4. Elisa

Elisa Member

Hi Judy!

Thank you so much for the update on the depression thread. I need it.

Also thank you for your kind words and moving prayers. It helps me - I say them along with you and I feel less alone. So thank you so much for helping me with that...

I will read and re-read your post to help guide me...I am sure God is working with you and Tiggy for miracles...

I hope you are blessed by your kindness in helping me.

God Bless You Judy,

Elisabeth
  5. Elisa

Elisa Member

"saturating everyone in prayer"

What beautiful words and idea and I want to try to help too...

Elisabeth
  6. windblade

windblade Active Member

You are not alone!!! There is so much fellowship and sharing and support here. It is a true community.

When you mention your throat clogging up, that happens to me too when I have extreme painful emotions. I can feel the grief in my throat.

There are many kinds of healing techniques that tell you actually to scream or moan to get the emotional pain out of your body.

I do this odd sound - kind of like a humming moan. And when my husband looks at me - I say I'm tuning myself. :)

It's true, when I feel lost and confused, I make that tuning sound, and it somehow centers me.

My husband now does yoga chants, and one day I thought he was a lawnmower. LOL

It's a strange place around here. :)

But actually, there are teachings from Shambala, a catalog that has books, or 'Sounds True' which has audio teachings on sound healing.

It could be something to investigate - costs nothing to do.

Unless your throat is a physical problem - have you been able to get it checked?

Another thing here - if you like poetry - we have 3 great threads we've gathered of the most comforting, encouraging, hopeful poems - aiming just for our struggles here.

You could start with **POETRY*** the first one.

It's terrible to be alone! We all help each other here!

Looking forward to hearing from you,
    Love, Judy
  7. kbak

kbak Member

Elisa,
    I've had CFID for about 8 yrs. now. In that time my emotions have been all over the chart. This DD rapes our bodies and mind. Sometimes the drugs were on can cause these feelings of despair.

I was on Flexeril for yrs. It wasn't till I switched muscle relaxers that I realized the flexeril was making me very depressed. So check your drugs because they can be a contributor.

My prayer's are with you that your despair might lift.

kbak
  8. windblade

windblade Active Member

Just thinking about you, and wondering how you are.

I was interested in the picture of your dog Brinkley on your profile. Who did the painting of him? It's an interesting style.

Hope you are okay - I like another thing on your profile - how you spoke about having daily dialogs with God.

That's what I do too. Just pour out whatever I'm feeling and thinking, and ask questions - so many things.

Hope this all makes sense - I'm so exhausted - just going to rest.

May God bless you and care for all your needs. Asking this in His holy name. Amen.

Judy
  9. Sweetpotatoe

Sweetpotatoe New Member

I haven't been here much this week, but as I pray your name comes to mind Elisabeth, Lifting you up in prayer and hoping you are resting and experiencing peace.

In Christ, Cindy.