Prayers for Dr. Cheney

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jolie, Sep 21, 2003.

1. Jolie

Jolie New Member

Dear All,

My doctor told me he heard that Dr. Cheney is waiting for a heart transplant. (He told me this 3 weeks ago).

I knew that Dr. Cheney was having heart problems, and was only seeing 2 patients per day, but didn't realize it had gotten so bad.

I'ld like to ask all those who know that prayer works to pray for Dr. Cheney.

I would also love to hear any news about his health.

Thank you,

Love,

Jolie

2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I had heard about this and posted a prayer request for him on our Worship Forum. You might also post there. Our members are prayer warriors and are connected to other prayer circles.

Love, Mikie
  3. Jolie

Jolie New Member

Dear Mikie,

I am glad to hear others are praying for Dr. Cheney too. How do I get to your Worship Forum?

It sounds like you may hear sooner than the rest of us about his condition. Please keep us posted.

Thank you,

Love,

Jolie

4. misslupine

misslupine New Member

Jolie: new to this site, we have a dr. cheney locally as well...can you tell me a general facinity of this dr...because i had not heard that about the local dr. i will say prayers regardless

thank you...misslupine
  5. Jolie

Jolie New Member

Dear misslupine,

It is Dr. Paul Cheney who is so ill. It's hard to put into words just how much he has done for those of us with CFIDS. He was one of the first to work wiht this illness, and he was able to help many people recover, by developing one the first protocols for treating it.

You can find his protocol for treating CFIDS on this website in the library section.

He deserves all our prayers...he has been a truely devoted practioner of medicine.

Love,

Jolie
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I heard from PaulMark who is one of the doc's patients. Normally, I move prayer requests to the Worship Forum, but since so many have asked about how to see Dr. Cheney, I thought I would leave it here.

You simply click on Message Boards on the strip where you log on. It will take you to a menu of all our forums. You get back here the same way. Be sure to visit our Chit Chat Forum. It's less formal than this board and is a good chance to get away from our illnesses.

Love, Mikie
  7. Jolie

Jolie New Member

Thanks for being there, MIkie,

Love,

Jolie
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

He really has done so much for us and almost went bankrupt while trying to fight for recognition for our illness and the funds for research. It wasn't until years later that he went back to mainly seeing patients. He has shared so much info that is invaluable for us. I refer people to his articles on Klonopin all the time. If it weren't for that article, I would not be getting good sleep and my tinnitus, anxiety, muscle spasms, and sensory overload would have long ago driven me nuts.

God bless him.

Love, Mikie
  9. Jolie

Jolie New Member

Thank you SO much for sharing the part about Dr. Cheney's almost going bankrupt fighting for recognition of our illness.

I am hoping that if we make others aware of how much he has been devoted to our cause, we might get some more people in on our prayers. As you know, the more hearts joined together in prayer, the more powerful it is.

As for me, much of my protocol is based on Dr. Cheney's protocol. I've made tremendous progress in the last three years, since my diagnosis, and it is in large part due to him.

Love,

Jolie
  10. jofla

jofla New Member

I will pray that he gets the much needed heart transplant and has a good recovery.

Jo

[ advertisement ]