Prayers for Driving in Bad Weather

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Beadlady, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I need to drive in possible icy roads later today for my job. It makes me nervous to drive in bad road conditions. If you could please spare me some extra prayers it would be greatly appreciated.
  2. windblade

windblade Active Member

Praying for your driving today - in bad weather conditions. For safety, protection, the Lord's peace for you.

Going to light a prayer candle for you.

God Bless, Judy

3. jole

jole Member

Just saw this and hope you're okay. We're suppose to get the rain/ice here on Thursday, and I sure don't envy anyone who has to drive on bad roads. I remember those days of driving every day to work in storms and praying along the way. One of the few things I don't miss... let us know how things went for you......Jole
  4. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

I'm praying that you were okay and will still be okay--some of the weather across the country remains bad even today.

I'll tell you what I do and maybe it will help you. I talk to God walking around the home, in the car, etc. We have some interesting one-sided conversations. I hope you won't ever be afraid to be in the car or anywhere and to talk to God to tell Him you are worried, or scared, or even to tell him you are happy, etc. By telling him when you are worried, scared and to ask for guidance, it seems to help me just to get through it and let Him know. I also make sure I tell him "thanks" when it is over. Everyone does their own thing, so maybe this might be something for you to consider. Hugs.
    [This Message was Edited on 12/22/2010]
  5. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I know I'm late thanking you all for your prayers, I do appreciate them. In my car I listen to a Christian Radio STation called Positive Life Radio and it really helps me to sings his praises while I drive.
  6. windblade

windblade Active Member

That's an excellent idea - singing praises to the Lord - being focused on him - enfolded in him.

I love Gospel - when I am down and out -it is just so powerful, and matches any sorrow, grief of every kind I have.

I also love the old fashioned hymns that my Grandmother used to sing. By Tennessee Ernie Fords - ones like Rock Of Ages, and That Old Rugged Cross. Brings back such tender memories of my dear Gram.

And new ones like "The Anchor Holds" when I feel storm-tossed and wounded. The words are perfect. I'll look up the singer's name.

So very glad that you found this comfort and support!

Love, Wind
  7. windblade

windblade Active Member

'The Anchor Holds' is sung by Ray Boltz. I just type in the name of the song and video. It's a great one.

May God bless and keep you in his faithful love.