Prayers for Grandchildren

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Nikki, Jul 24, 2003.

1. Nikki

Nikki Member

I posted the last couple of weeks re: my grandchildren and the fact that my DIL's ex is giving everyone a rough time re: two adorable little girls (4 & 8).

Well, we still need prayers. We have a court date of 8/13 re: visitation & child support. And now (after deserting my DIL and the children for another woman), he's decided he wants custody of the girls. I find this absolutely unbelievable. Here's an ex-minister who leaves his stay-at-home wife and two little girls (2 & 6) with no means of support (he stopped paying all the bills . . . their house and car were repossesed), he marries the girlfriend, and now he wants to take the girls away from their mom. DIL married my son in May and they built a new home . . . all family lives in this city (DIL had to move to our city and move in w/her parents for a year or go to a shelter).

Ex is putting so much stress on this new family. The girls constantly have stomachaches and other illnesses after visits with him (can't bring myself to say their dad) 4 hrs away. My son is by far their dad . . . he loves them and always puts them first. They love him dearly, too.

Thanks for all your prayers in the past. I'll be praying for all on this board @ 10pm my time. I believe in the Power........................sharon
  2. mamafurr

mamafurr New Member

i find this appalling when men do this to their families. i am praying for you all. God willing, your dil will get a GOOD judge. and the fact that he is and EX minister is a bit consoling...the operative word being EX. my goodness, who do people think they are!

thank God for you and your son. :)

hang in there sharon.
    alice
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Sharon, I will be praying for you DIL, and those children, and also for that ex-husband of hers. He is in a sad state before His Lord.

I am not judging him, but just apply common sense here as far as he is concerned. A man of God, who turns on all that is good and worthy is a man in dire need of prayer. How sad for him when he stands before his Maker.

Put all your faith in the Lord Chirst Jesus for the welfare of these little children, as the Lord does say, to suffer the little children to come unto Me (Chirst).

I will be prayer for them all.

Shalom, Shirl

4. Nikki

Nikki Member

My burden is lessened by your prayers, and my prayers go out to all of you, too.

Peace & Love,
    Sharon
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Especially those little ones.

Love, Mikie
  6. fibrorebel

fibrorebel New Member

Will continue to pray for your granddaughters and all involved. Especially the ex for his heart to be changed in the matter. I will never understand how servants just can quit...he left the ministry, left his wife and daughters, sounds like he left himself as well...very sad. I am not pastoring a church right now, but His ministry is my life not my job,His spirit is the air I breathe and His blood is what flows. God will handle all this and He will take care of those babies never you fear. Precious Father, we thank you that you are always in charge, and that in the midst of this world's chaos and folly that you bring peace to your children and provide us with a hedge of protection that we
    know our faith sets us free. We just thank you Father, that by your swift and mighty hand that all these things will pass with a change of heart in that that once served you and right will prevail over wrong. We praise ye! In Jesus Holy Name...amen.
  7. Nikki

Nikki Member

for your wonderful thoughts and prayers. My faith is strong and I truly believe God will watch over and protect the children from this evil person (their father). I pray for him and his wife, too.

My DIL's ex has this soothing, calming voice that can be very manipulative and convincing (on the one hand a regular svengali); then in a flash he can turn on you, screaming and hollering at the top of his lungs . . . so out of control. Seeing both sides in one person is very frightening.

Now DIL's ex & his wife have decided they shouldn't have to pay any child support (and his wife put this in a 4 page letter) because his ex's new husband's family has money. First, of all, what does this have to do w/him taking responsibility & care of his children?!?
    Second . . . while we live comfortably, we live modestly. We are very, very far from "having money" as he puts it.

The letter was sent to ex's stepmother (who is very close to her ex-DIL and "her" two grandchildren . . . and she shared the letter w/DIL). Ex and his wife also requested that his father and stepmother stop giving any gifts to the children b/c they (ex & wife) need gifts more. (I hope ex's stepmother will give my DIL this letter, maybe it can used in some way at the trial.)

All the while, my son and DIL are working hard to provide a home, food, clothing, dance lessons, speech therapy, medical care, etc., But, most importantly of all, unconditional love and a stable environment for the children.

Excuse me, I had to stop and pray . . . I'm having such a difficult time w/anger right now. Prayer is the only thing that gets me thru the day.

Again, thanks so much for your prayers. I, too, will continue praying for all on this board.

Love,
    Sharon

8. Hikagranma

Hikagranma New Member

Your family and for you, now and at Wisconsin's prayer time tonight.
    My God's pure love be felt by all - and my the EX. feel it to! I will pray for a change in his heart. God Bless all of you dear people Marian