Prayers for Julie/Lydia1, Den and Family

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Granniluvsu, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Some of you might already know this, but I wanted to let you all know that JULIE's ( a well know poster on these boards) husband DEN is in the local hospital now with a-fib and is having acute cardiac problems. This was a complete surprise to ever. As it was he had to be forced to go to the doc who put him right in the hospital. They are now trying to get him a bed at one of the bigger hospitals in Des Moines that has more facilities for his problems. Of course all the family is worried. I have been catching up on some of the latest on Face Book.

Please send good thoughts and prayers to DEN, JULIE and Family. I will come back as soon as possible to pass on anything I hear. I know she would want to pass on word to if she can. Right now I don't think she has to much time. The last blast came from AMY her daughter and I think JULIE might be on here way home to perhaps prepare for the trip today or tomorrow to the bigger city hospital. I re read the last note. Maybe she isn't going any where , at least not now and is probably getting ready to haunt them all about transferring DEN ASAP. BTW, Den seems to be stable now according to the docs.

I have already put another post on the Worship board. JULIE is usually on the chit chat board and PORCH if she gets the chance to.

Please continue to pray for Den and the whole family.

Love to everyone,
    Granni
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  2. hangininthere

hangininthere Well-Known Member

Praying for dear Den and Julie and their family.

Thanks for the updates, Granni.

Patti
  3. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Well-Known Member

thanks Granni. I've been praying for them. And thanks for putting the updates from FB. We all appreciate it. Glad to read he's stabilized now.
  4. Granniluvsu

Thanks so much Patti. If I get any more info and I can get to the computer I will update. Hope Den gets to the bigger hospital sooner rather than later, as they say.

God Bless You,
    Granni
  5. Granniluvsu

DEN IS NOW BEING TRANSFERRED TO MERCY HOSPITAL IN DES MOINES, IOWA. KEEP UP THE PRAYERS. JUST GOT THIS HOT OFF THE PRESS FROM AMY, THEIR DAUGHTER from FB.

Hugz to all,
    Granni :)
  6. ConfusedInPA

ConfusedInPA Well-Known Member

Thank you to Granni, also, for starting this post. And for keeping us updated in the meantime, when Julie isn't able to.

And JULIE, my dear, Kevin and I are keeping Den and you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. I know how hard it is just to wait and wait (Kevin was hospitalized many years ago, before I joined the board). Praying that the docs figure things out, SOON.

Stay strong, my friend. We're here for you. I'll look for updates here and/or on the Porch.

Love and hugs and many prayers,
    Diane
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I responded on the Worship Forum but just wanted to add my prayers here.

Love, Mikie
  8. Granniluvsu

Update on Den. No blockages but he still has a fib and they need to find out why he has a weak heart. That is all Julie said on FB.

Keep up the prayers.

Love,
    Granni
  9. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Here is Julie's latest post. I am reposting it here at her request.
    Rock

Hi guys! Yep, the angiogram was ok...no blockages. But the a-fib continues and the cardiologist who did the angio said Den's heart is like an 8 cylinder car that's only running on four cylinders. Actually, he was so surprised that Den even has a job and can work ( then I told him about us being up on the roof)...

So, tomorrow is probably a scope down his throat to check for clots. If that is ok, they will shock him. Then observe him, then home on a monitor, etc.

That's all I know for now. Maybe someone can move this over to Granni's thread cause I can't with my phone. Thanks, everyone!
    Love to all, Julie
  10. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Well-Known Member

*********************************************************************************************************
    Hi guys! Yep, the angiogram was ok...no blockages. But the a-fib continues and the cardiologist who did the angio said Den's heart is like an 8 cylinder car that's only running on four cylinders. Actually, he was so surprised that Den even has a job and can work ( then I told him about us being up on the roof)...

So, tomorrow is probably a scope down his throat to check for clots. If that is ok, they will shock him. Then observe him, then home on a monitor, etc.

That's all I know for now. Maybe someone can move this over to Granni's thread cause I can't with my phone. Thanks, everyone!
    ************************************************************************************************

Above is Julie's post from the chit chat. She asked if someone could move it here.

Poor Den!!!! And he's the one who didn't even want to go to a doctor period. I pray there are no clots and that they can just "tweak" his heart to make it behave properly.
  11. Granniluvsu

The cardioversion was put off today till wed. instead of today, probably to get rid of some of the meds in his body.

Let us all just continue to pray for Den, Julie and family.

Blessings,
    Granni
  12. ConfusedInPA

Thank you Granni, for another update. Kevin and I are still praying for Den, and Julie, and family.

I know that they all want to get this figured out, and head for home, with Den being "stable".

I thank both you and Julie for providing updates.

Love and hugs and prayers,
    Diane
  13. Granniluvsu

Another update from Julie that I saw on FB just now. The cardioversion is again postponed as they need to do more lab tests. The docs feel his high calcium count is not a good environment in which to shock his body. So more testing will be done. I am sure all are frustrated but know it is necessary.

Please continue to pray for Den, Julie and the family as they go through this awful ordeal.

Love,
    Granni
  14. Granniluvsu

Just got a very interesting and good post from JULIE on FB so I am passing it on.

DEN's heart flipped back in its correct rhythm I guess last night by itself. So, not Cardioversion is needed. Luckily the cardiologists and endocrinologists are working together on this. It seems now from the additional tests that DEN has hyperparathyroidism besides the hyperthyroidism already determined. They will do a Thyroid scan soon, not sure when, maybe today.

Please continue to pray for Den and the family. They are not out of the woods yet but sounds like they are on the right path.

Hugz and blessings,
    Granni
    :)
  15. ConfusedInPA

Thanks Granni, for the update!!

So glad that Den's heart is back in normal rhythm.

Now, the docs have to figure out the "....thyroid....." stuff.

Kevin and I are still praying. And we all appreciate your updates!

No, Den and Julie are not out of the woods, but forward progress is great to hear!

Thanks, Granni

Diane
  16. Granniluvsu

Another update that I just posted on the Porch. Den's heart is back into a fib. He will have surgery tomorrow afternoon. His calcium level is also dangerously high and they want to get those glands outta there as quick as possible. Then hopefully he will be in the hospital for a few more days. We will see.

Off to finish dinner.

Keep up the prayers everyone.

Love,
    Granni
    :)
  17. Granniluvsu

Just went on FB and Julie said that the nurse came out and said that the surgery should be over in about 1/2 hour. I told her if things were to hectic she could post tomorrow but to let us know.

Keep up the prayers !

Blessings,
    Granni
    gb66 likes this.
  18. hangininthere

Been praying all along. Thanks so much for all the updates.

Patti
  19. hangininthere

HALLELUJAH!!!

Thanks for update, Julie!

Patti
  20. Granniluvsu

I was going to post here and found that Julie already posted. Wonderful news JULIE !!!!!

Love,
    Granni