Prayers for my brother and his three young children

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by ksp56, Jun 26, 2004.

1. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I would be very grateful if you could pray for my brother and his three children.

Steve's 'marriage' has been off and on for almost three years. His wife has not been commited to this marriage for a very long time. This will be the third and I pray the last, time they do this to the children They are our angels and so innocent.

My brother is a recovering alcoholic, and has fallen off the wagon several times. I ask you all to pray that he finds comfort and lets the Lord guide and love him. Please pray for the children who are absolutely devastated.

If you could pray for me to take away the bitterness I feel towards my SIL, I would appreciate it. Steve has spent many years working on getting well as she found happiness in non healthy ways.

I pray for you all and for the love you share and the care you give...

Love,

Kim
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Especially for the kids. Divorce is sooooo hard on children. Mine were grown when my ex and I divorced and still it was devastating.

My prayers go out for all of you as I know everyone is suffering.

Love, Mikie
  3. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I will be praying for your brother and his family. Divorce is so hard on everybody, I pray that they can get through this with as little strife as possible.

Sandy
  4. bakron

bakron New Member

I know first hand as well what a terrible thing divorce is for children, especially young children.

Lord, please take this little family in your arms to teach them to reach out to you in this lesson of life that they are going through. We would pray for reconciliation that will be lasting. Lord, we know that this type of reconciliation may be only through you. May you bring each member of the family into your fold, and may this family be a blessing to others as they witness to others what solidarity there can be in your love. We know that this would be your perfect will, and we pray that your will be done and that the hearts of this family will all turn to you.

In Christ's name I pray this, AMEN!