Prayers for my Daddy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Busyknitter2, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

My Daddy is in the hospital

My brother (he lives with my Dad) called last night and said that my Dad was having a hard time with his breathing.
    He has COPD. I talked to him and tried to get him to go to the Imediate Care or hospital. He refused. I called back a little later and my brother said that he had taken his inhaler and was better.

I called this morning and my brother said he was better and had slept better last night. My husband went in to check on him. My brother had left. When I walked in he was having a hard time breathing. I told him he needed to go, and he refused, said he would go to the hospital tomorrow. I told him bluntly that he may not make it thru the night. That either he let us take him up to Immediate Care or I called 911. When we got him just up the street to Immediate Care they said he needed to go to hospital and called an ambulance. I was still checking him in.

His oxygen was only 83%. They started doing breathing treatments on him, and he couldn't even do them. They put a machine on his nose to push the air in. I do not remember what it is called but it is the last thing before the respiratior. They where also worried about his heart as the rate was so high.

They admitted him to ICU, and he was doing a little better. My husband made me come home, as I am in alot of pain and exhausted. I wil be back up there first thing in the morning.

I lost my mother to lung cancer 8 years ago July 9, so it is bringing everything back.

My son and granddaugher where in a car wreck on Monday. Thank the Good Lord thery are ok. My son banged his knee that was operated on July 18.

It has been a long rought week.

Please keep us in your prayers.

God Bless Pam
  2. Pennygirl2

Pennygirl2 New Member

Pam, I have not gotten to know you yet, but you have such a heavy load right now your plea reached my heart. I will be saying prayers for your whole family. Please walk through this as calmly as possible and I hope it gets better soon. Penny
  3. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

That you are having to go through all this with your Dad. I lost my Daddy to COPD 2 years ago and I praise God that my CFS was only in it's early stages then, because I could not have been there for him if I was as bad as I am now.

So I know what you are going through and the road you are on is not an easy one.

God bless you and your family. God never puts more on us than we can bear...I know that now.

((((HUGS))))
  4. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I haven't seen any of your posts before this one and I am new, but I wanted to say that you are in my prayers. I feel for you and hope that you are hanging in there.
    Take Care, Kim
  5. misskoji

misskoji Member

So sorry about your dad. You and your family will be in my prayers tonight.

Hugs,
    Deanna
  6. optimistic1

optimistic1 New Member

Prayers for all of you, especially your Father right now.

Much love,
    Arlene
  7. pam_d

pam_d New Member

...I will certainly say a prayer for both of you.

(((Hugs)))
    Another Pam
  8. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad, Pam. I hope he is better today. I know it is hard to see a loved one so ill.
    Take care of yourself too; you are important.

Kathy
  9. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

My prayers go out to you and your family. I do pray that God will keep a close eye on your daddy, and bless him. Sounds like you are having a rough time, just rememeber to take care of you also.
    God bless, Julie
  10. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

I wanted to let you know that you and your dad are in my thoughts and prayers.

Please take care of you and I hope your dad regains his strength.

Love & Hugs

carolin
  11. 1horse

1horse New Member

My heart goes out to you and your family. Hope things are starting to get better..we will pray for you and your family Hugs Peggy
  12. 1horse

1horse New Member

My heart goes out to you and your family. Hope things are starting to get better..we will pray for you and your family Hugs Peggy
  13. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

My heart and thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, please keep us posted on your fathers condition.

Ann

[ advertisement ]