Prayers for my daughter in ICU

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SandraJean, Jan 23, 2006.

1. SandraJean

SandraJean New Member

Hi.

This will be short as I'm on my way to the hospital again.

My daughter just gave birth to our first grand daughter, Kya, on January 18th. Kya is 7ib. 9oz, and 19 and a half inches long. She's a sweetie.

My daughter Debi had to be rushed back to the hospital on Sat--Jan 21st and has had heart failure---cardiac myothpathy===assicoated with her pre-ecamplia towards the end of her pregnancy. She has retained alot of fluid also. She is on 2 kinds of heart medicene and laysex and is on a resapirator. She is doing a little better today. The have her heavily medicated, and she has already gotten rid of 3 liters of fluid. Her b/p is better and her heart rate is better. They nmay take out the trach today.

Please keep Debi and Kya in your prayers and send good thoughts her way!

Thanks,

Sandy
  2. I will pray for all of you. Best of luck.
  3. Empower

Empower New Member

I am sure this is so hard for you.

It sounds like she is on the road to recovery.

I will definitely keep Debi and Kya in my prayers. In fact, I just said a prayer for them now

Take care of yourself and let us know her status
  4. mariee

mariee Member

I will pray for you, your daughter and family today.
    Keep the faith.
    Let us know how your daughter is.
    Mariee
  5. PainSux

PainSux New Member

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter Debi & let's pray that the Lasix does it's thing & gets rid of all the extra fluid. They keep patients medicated while on respirators so that they will not fight the respirators. Let's hope they can ease her out of her medicated state so that she can work with them for her recovery. Hugs.
  6. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I will especially pray for your dear daughter! It sounds like her health is going in the right direction and we will pray for it to continue.

Also, I will pray for comfort and peace for you!

Sue
  7. kbak

kbak Member

Sandy,
    As a mom who's daughter has had a crisis pregnancy, I know the terrible strain your feeling right now. My prayer's go out for your daughter, and whole family!! God bless her with a quick and complete recovery.

K.
  8. kellyann

kellyann New Member

My prayers are with you. Congradulations on the new grandbaby! Hopefully your daughter will recover quickly.

Best regards!
    Kellyann
  9. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

are being sent. May guardian angels watch above your children and grandchildren and keep them safe and free from harm. Our prayers are with you.
    Anne
  10. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

OMG! Honey I am SO VERY SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW! I am due in three weeks so I can really get how stressed out, scared and hurt you must be right now!

In my heart I know you daughter will pull through this! I really believe that!!!!!

YOU AND ALL YOUR FAMILY are in my thoughts and prayers and I truly mean that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really am just so sorry you are having to go through this and I wish your daughter the best!

((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

kate
  11. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

It must be so hard for all of you. Prayers will be said for Debi and for Kya. I'm so glad that the baby is healthy and that they have you.

Take Care.
    Kathy.
  12. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

are in my thoughts and prayers.

Congratulations on your new grandbaby.

Kelly
  13. MamaR

MamaR New Member

just read your post. I am so sorry to hear about your daughter, but will be praying. It sounds positive that she is getting better.

MamaR
  14. bigmh

bigmh New Member

God is good....Trust in the Lord...praying for you and your family. Blessings...Ann
  15. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

Sandy,

My prayers are with your daughter, and family.

Let us know how it goes.

Kinsie
  16. crumpton

crumpton New Member

Sandy - Here is prayer for you.

Lord,
    I lift up Sandy and her family to you right now. GOd you are a God of mercy and love. Father, what a joy to have this new little grandbaby to love. Thank you that she came through delivery fine and was able to have a healthy baby. Lord, I know if Sandy's daughter had a choice she would want to be the one that is sick right now instead of her little baby girl. But how hard for Sandy because her little girl is sick. Be with the doctors and give them the wisdom that is needed because you are the All knowing and good physician. God be with Sandy's daughter to be able to come off the respirator and for her excess fluid to drain away. Please be with Sandy too during this stressful time, please keep her from a flare. Lord we know that you love us even more than our parents do and have a perfect plan for Sandy and her family. Thank you for loving us and being with us in times of trouble. AMen
  17. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I`ll be praying for Debi nd Kya. Let us know how she`s doing.

Sandyz
  18. Countrymom

Countrymom New Member

I am praying for not only your daughter but you, her husband and the baby. What a scary time.

I had the same thing happen after my babies, not near as bad on the first one, almost died with the second.

Good luck, keep holding her hand and tell her how much you love her!!

Why did they put in a trach? Could they not get the tube in through her throat? Just wondering...

Dani
  19. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I pray all is well for the whole family. What a shame. God bless you and keep you all in the palm of His hand.

Love, Mikie
  20. SandraJean

SandraJean New Member

Thanks you so much for all your prayers!

Deb is still in ICU and conditions are stable. They tried to remove the tube (respirator) but she became too agitated. They will try again this morning.

She has gotten out 4 more liters of fluid and her b/p and heart rate are still a little high.She is still very sedated. Her heart is weak, but the heart meds are making it stronger.

This is a very rare condition for women ot get after pregnancy and she did have pre-ecampsia towards the end.

Little baby Kya is doing good and had her first doctors appointment yesterday.

Thanks so much for all your prayers and good wishes!!

Sandy