Prayers for my dog, please

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by elliespad, May 29, 2007.

1. elliespad

elliespad Member

My sweet Shar Pei, Mitie Me, is in end-stage Kidney Failure. I expect today is the end. Please, pray that God would give her a painless and speedy end. Please.
  2. budmickl

budmickl New Member

I am so sorry for the grief you are going through. It is so gut wrenching to see our fury babies in pain and there is nothing we can do. I heart, thoughts and prayers are with you.

3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I'm so sorry, this is a heartbreaking time.

I hope your little Mitie Me goes quietly and painlessly.

4. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Can remember you posting a few weeks back about Mitie Me.I just hope she passes as painlessly as possible.My thoughts will be with you & your family at this heart-wrenching time.
  5. pat460

pat460 New Member

Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry. I will think of you today and pray for her pain to be lessened as well as your pain and heartbreak. I have two fur babies of my own. Your load must be very heavy today.

6. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

Words failed me, though tears did not, as I read your post.

Weeping, I looked for some wise words from others and, as I read, I KNEW that I was not alone. The good dogs to whom I have been forced to say goodbye were with me. They never, ever, let me weep alone... they always come when called even when I do not know I am calling.

I did not look for this, did not try to feel them with me, did not attempt to conjure up some comforting thought, not even the first time it happened, it just did.

Souls cannot be parted when they are bound in love.

We have a secret, you and I
    that no one else shall know,
    for who but I can see you lie
    each night in fire glow?
    And who but I can reach my hand
    before we go to bed
    and feel the living warmth of you
    and touch your silken head?
    And only I walk woodland paths
    and see ahead of me,
    your small form racing with the wind
    so young again, and free.
    And only I can see you swim
    in every brook I pass
    and when I call, no one but I
    can see the bending grass.

Author Unknown

peace to you, I truly feel your pain,
  7. sisland

sisland New Member

My Thoughts And prayers are with you and Mitie Me,,,,,,,,S,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,What a Beautiful Poem Above Rafiki!,,,,,
  8. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Sorry to hear about your dog. It's very hard to lose a dog. I'll pray that her end is painless and quick.
  9. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Saying prayers for Mitie Me to go peacefully and for you. So sorry you are going through this. Kim
  10. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Prayers with you both.

11. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Oh dear, Ellie, I'm so, so sorry. There simply are no words of comfort for us at a time like this; it's such a hard thing to bear.

But I'm sure she's comforted by your presence and your love.

BIG hug,
  12. dononagin

dononagin New Member

I'm so sorry sweetie.. Prayers going up for both of you.
  13. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Pets are so wonderful, but it's so hard when they leave us.

14. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

Prayers being said for Mitie Me. I will keep you and her both in my prayers and hoping she will be in no pain and that her memories will stay with you forever.

I am so sorry Ellie.

15. elliespad

elliespad Member

Thank you all for your warm wishes and prayers. She is still hanging on, barely. I am exhausted beyond what is even safe providing hospice care. But not as exhausted as her, :(. Man, I LOVE that little girl. And I lost her mother, my beautiful Ellie, in October, from the same thing, Liver and Kidney failure. Turns out, the dog food was contaminatd back then too. This info came from the vet at Royal Canin in Canada, that I spoke to about Mitie Me.

Rafiki, such a beautiful poem, thank you.

Prickles, I'm so sorry about your little dog too. Am praying for you and your pup.

Please continue to pray for her, please.
  16. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

keep your chin up and cuddle till then end.

17. laceymae

laceymae New Member

I just posted about my baby giving me problems and I hadn't read your post about your baby,Mitie Me. I hope that all is well and know that she is comforted by your loving care.
  18. Shirl

Shirl New Member

My heart goes out to you and your Mitie Me, I know exactly how you are feeling.

I lost my beloeved Pit Bull, and my beautiful White Boxer a year apart. I layed on the floor with my Pit Bull, Boomer, as he had Asthma and his heart was giving out, and his sweet heart was waiting for my husband to come home, he didn't, this went on for two weeks.

There was nothig the vet could do for him anymore, and I would not allow them to put him down in a strange place, I took him home to die like he lived for 15 years in his home, with all the confort I could possibly manage.

I would have put him in the bed with me, but he weighed 67lbs and I could not lift him (no one here to help me do this).
    So I put his big head on a pillow (he always layed with his big head on a pillow, hated his head down) and blankets for him to lay on, and I stayed with him day and night. What a heart break. He barked, then his little nose twitched and he was gone. I was right there with him each minute.

He was the love of my life. And the tears are just falling from my eyes for me and you right now.

My Daisy Mae had a massive heart attack, so she went fast, but I was with her too. She was 14 years old. I sat with both of them untill I got my son/grandson to come and bury them in the yard, Boomer with his pillow under his beautiful head.

I have never, never, gotten over either one of these furkids, I still feel them around me.

I bought an AmericanBull dog since, I love her to no end too, but she is not Boomer and Daisy Mae. But my love is still there for all of them.

God's blessings on you and your little 'Mittie Me', believe me, I know what your heart feels like...........

Shalom, Shirl
  19. otis89

otis89 New Member

you have my prayers, elliespad, pets touch are cores like no other, their warmth heals our sadness better than any drug, i can relate to your situation, i pray for mitie me, and you get a big hug too, for the heartache that you are going through, sincerely, otis89
  20. mezombie

mezombie Member

Oh, that is so sad! I lost a pet several years ago. I will keep both you and Mitie Me in my prayers.