Prayers For My Heartbroken Family... Please

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by lgp, Apr 10, 2013.

1. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

As many of you know, I have had alot to contend with int he past year...the death of a best friend for cancer, hurricane Sandy devestating my neighborhood, my own health issues and biopsy in the past weeks, etc. When I thought it could not get any worse, my beloved father, one of the lights of my life, one of the only people in this universe who truly loved me unconditionally, died Tuesday evening. He had health issues and was hospitalized, but we were still not prepared for his passing, nor was his doctor. I feel like I've lost my balance, my kilter, and I am busy now with funeral arrangements, phone calls, taking care of details, etc. But my heart is so broken; I miss him so much already. I sat in his chair at my mom's house most of the night last night just to feel close to him again. Please say a prayer for me and my family as we tread these awful waters in the days and weeks ahead.

Love, Laura
  2. freida

freida Active Member

I'm so sorry, Laura, it is so very hard to bear, i do understand it.

HAving lost my dad, and other very dear ones too.

and while struggling with illness and very bad family problems.

Hold onto whatever you can, dear Laura.

Diane had some good ideas.

I am struggling myself, so can't write much,
    but my heart feels for you,
    keep his love with you always!

I have my dad's favorite shirt he wore, which i hug and cling to, when i need to. it helps me.

one step at a time, fo ryou, for right now, Laura.

xo
    Leah
  3. lesliesue

lesliesue New Member

Hi Laura,

I, too, am up here sporadically and saw your message. I am so sorry you are going through this. I lost my father 8 years ago. It is horrible and hard. I think especially for you, because your father loved you unconditionally. That is a rare and beautiful gift.

He is still with you. He will always love you. When my dad died I read a lot of fantastic books of the "life after life" type. It helps to remember that you will never really lose him. But I know that doesn't make it easier when you are missing him terribly.

You are in my thoughts and prayers,

Love,
    Sue
  4. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

I will pray for healing and strength for your family. It's a very difficult time, and it will take take to grieve. Can you also turn to others in the family so you won't be taking everything on yourself? And.....I would say for a giant flare, so take precautions now.

I was 7 l/2 mos. PG with my first child, had to quit work because of bad contractions, when my dad died suddenly from a heart attack at age 56. Two days later my under died from a heart attack when he went to the airport to pick up my aunts who were coming for the funeral. Needless to say, it was a nightmare time for all of us. I couldn't even attend my Uncle's funeral because I just couldn't move without a contraction.
  5. ameilie73

ameilie73 Member

I never really know what to say in these circumstances. Its ok the whole time you are thinking and doing, but feeling.....

Our days of suffering pain, exhaustion, insomnia and an array of other symptoms can sometimes make days, weeks, months feel so dragged out and long..
    But when you lose someone you love?
    Theres just never enough time, nor would there ever be enough time.

I'm so sorry for your loss and pain. He sounds like a great Dad.

Reach out for the support you need, let others be there for you.
    Draw strength from whatever or whoever holds you up

love

Ameile
  6. ghosalb

ghosalb New Member

What a great Dad ! .....and loving daughter.
  7. gb66

gb66 Active Member

I am so sorry for your loss of your dad. Cherish the l memories you have of him and his love for you. Your relationship with him sounds wonderful.

I am praying for you and your family. Please take extra good care of yourself and try to rest as much as you can. Gentle hugs, GB66
  8. Elisa

Elisa Member

Hi,

My heart breaks reading about what you've gone through...

God Bless and know that we are praying for you and your family!

Elisabeth
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am so very sorry for the death of your Father. It is truly heartbreaking to lose a parent. Prayers going up.

Love, Mikie
  10. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

Sending my "warm" thoughts to you and family...you are fortunate to have those wonderful memories of your dad...Take care of YOU.....jam xo
  11. springwater

springwater Member

Praying for you to receive healing and comfort and indeed all your family.
    I know your father is in that beautiful place and doesn't want you to
    Be sad.He knows how greatly you love him and miss him.

I envy you the relationship you had with your father.

What a wonderful man he must have been. And you a wonderful
    Daughter.

Sometimes life throws great hardships one after another, it
    Is thinking of & focusing on the good times and blessings we have
    Received that we get through the difficult phases and come out
    Into the sunlight at the other end.

God Bless
  12. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. Sending you hugs and prayers for the coming days. Please rest when you can and don't forget to eat healthy.

Bead
  13. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Member

I'm very sorry to hear about your Dad. I lost my Dad suddenly to illness just over two years ago. You will always miss him, but will carry him around in your memories and your heart. Sending prayers to you and your family to help you through this time.
  14. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

I am so sorry about your dad......I know exactly what you are going through. I lost my dad in 2008.......Very sudden and horrible........Time will help the hurt and the heartache.....Things eventually will get better, but you will never stop missing him. I know for me, every minute of every day for the first year he was always in my thoughts, but the pain does subside and you will be able to think and talk about him without the pain stabbing at your heart. Prayers and blessing to you and your family.

Andrea
  15. mbofov

mbofov Member

I'm so sorry to hear about your father - he sounds like he was wonderful man -keeping you and your family in my prayers -

Mary