Prayers for Son

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by grannyofalot, Jul 1, 2003.

1. grannyofalot

grannyofalot New Member

I first posted this on the FM board, but I know I really need y'all's Prayers, too. THANKS in advance!!!

My son has just finished his first 8 wks of Army training at Ft. Benning. He became very sick last week with what he thought was just a cold or allergies, and tried not to seek help, fearing he'd be put behind. He finally was made to go to the hospital where they prescribed z-pac, and took a chest xray. With the chest xray, they found his hilum is the size of a racket ball. He was told it is suppose to be the size of a pencil. I cannot find any info in any research I've done on what this could mean. I only got a description of "the hilum is the area where bronchi, vessels, nerves connect to each lung." His enlarged one is the left one. They told him they'd pull him out one day this week to take him for a CAT scan. Needless to say, I and my daughter in law are basket cases right now. It is almost impossible to get any kind of info from my son, since they are not allowed to communicate with anyone! (We wouldn't have even known about this, but he happened to get a 5 hr pass and wife drove the 7 hrs to see him!)

Anyway.... any medical info anyone can help me with would be greatly appreciated. And, your prayers certainly will be!!!

Blessings on y'all too.

Granny
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am praying for your son. Let us know how he is doing.

Love, Mikie
  3. grannyofalot

grannyofalot New Member

I knew I could count on you all! I'm going for a sleep study in a little while. Now, don't you know I'm going to do some good sleeping in a strange bed with all this on my mind?! lol! But, the cardiologist wants it, so...here goes.

Hugs! Granny/Carol