Prayers needed, 19 yr. old GS, joining the Navy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sarahann61, Feb 17, 2006.

1. sarahann61

sarahann61 New Member

I know that it could turn out to be a good thing. He was dx with ADD, and always had trouble in school.. He can be so sweet, but he has a temper... You can't tell him anything, because he already knows about it......

He gets very nervous acting, if he is not always going. His mind goes even more than that, and he doesn't handle discipline very well, at all. My DD & SIL are both grey headed already, and he prob. helped a lot...

They were sending him to a Business school, for computers, which he is very good at.. He dropped out today, and went to see a recruiter, that he knows personally.. His brother knew this guy ,and knows that when he was in the Navy, he called his Mom crying everyday, from boot camp. Then when he got on the ship, he really cried about it.... He injured his ankle, so now he is a recruiter.............

If you have a chance please pray that he will do what is best for him now and in the future.........
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

WE HAVE A MARINE AT naval academy in our little family here. It can be a wonderful life. He mat do OK. Prayers sent.

Love Anne C
  3. sarahann61

sarahann61 New Member

Thanks Annie,

I know that there have been a lot of men ,and woman that have had a good career, from the Military.
    My GS is very sweet, and caring, but he does have his problems.. Just wonder if he talks back, if he will spend his career in the Brig... I don't think I could take a commanding officer in my face... I might just shove him away.. And ,I am a sweet, passive, little Grannie...lol
  4. sarahann61

sarahann61 New Member

He took the Ritalin in grade school at a very early age. He was like an entirely diff. person, maybe a little too calm... He had horrible nightmares, and got where he was scared all of the time, then had gushing nosebleeds. My DD asked that he be taken off of it........

All through school his teachers either, really loved him, or just couldn't stand him.. He really liked everyone one, but would pester them, so they would avoid him. He didn't understand, thought he was just being friendly. I really loved him, and felt sorry for him, but I was ready to get away from him, after awhile. I think my DD did a great job, the Dad couldn't take him for 5 mins. sometimes.............

They gave him a choice that he could stay there and pay $200.00 a mth. , and get a full time job. Has a part time job now..... He really would like to be admired, his brother excelled in school, and sports..

He just can't seem to find a place where he could excell.. If he does join, hope it will be just what he needed .. I have heard before that the military was good for people with ADD, because of the strict discipline..........