Prayers needed for a sweet girl now in Hospice...

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Marta608, Dec 22, 2006.

1. Marta608

Marta608 Member

...and her family.

This is a snip from her Caringbridge website:

"[Allison] has been battling a life threatening disease called a mitochondrial disease for nearly 8 yrs. She now has mutli system organ failure of her heart, lungs, GI tract and kidneys. She has a broviac central line for IV supplements, labwork and carnitine infusions. Although she lives with daily pain and fatigue she is a fighter and keeps on persevering."

The site is at http://www.caringbridge.org/ky/allisonrenee/index.htm if anyone cares to read more and see her picture. I think the connection between mitochondrial disease and CFS/FM is very interesting as some researchers are also realizing.

Five years ago I met Allison on a CFS board. Not too long after that she was discovered to have a mitrochondrial disease instead of CFS. She's 22 years old, has bravely faced many surgeries, pain and suffering, always with a smile and concern about others. Her kidneys have shut down and she's now home from the hospital in Hospice care.

This young woman's family has been amazingly steadfast in their faith as has Allison. This is such a hard time for them all.

Thank you for your prayers. This is such a hard time for so many.

Marta
    [This Message was Edited on 12/23/2006]
  2. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

Hi Marta - I have tried accessing this link but it says not found.

Is there part of the link missing?

Thank You,
    Carolin
  3. Marta608

Marta608 Member

My fault! I left the second e out of renee. I fixed it, up in the original message.

Thank you for your prayers.

Marta
  4. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

She truly is a fighter and I can't begin to imagine the pain she has endured all of these years. Her smile is priceless. I pray for peace for Allison and her family through these hard times.

Thank You for sharing this link with me and I will most definitely keep Allison in my thoughts and prayers.

Wishing you many Blessings,
    Carolin
  5. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Thank you so much. She's an exceptional young woman.

Marta
  6. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I am so sorry to hear this. I will help pray for this family!

Love...mari