Prayers needed for my brother Tom - New Update at the end(Thurs.)

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Harmony, Jun 3, 2002.

1. Harmony

Harmony New Member

MorningGlory, I saw your post under the Scripture of the Week asking me how Tom was doing. Thanks for the concern. So I thought I'd give everyone an update.

Tom is still in Intensive Care with a pressurized oxygen mask. If he didn't do well enough last night, they were going to put him on the respirator and feeding tube. He had a good night so we are thanking the Lord he has not had to have the respirator.

He is still struggling to breathe and it is not up to full capacity even with the mask. They have not given him anything to eat for 2 days except ice chips, fluids thru IV.

They still don't know what strain of pneumonia he has since antiobiotics are not responding. They have ruled out everything else and are reasonably sure it is not cancer. They are still testing for fungus like asbestos.

If they only knew what the infection was, they could treat it better. He has fluid in his lungs so they gave him lasix which helped get rid of some of it.

We had a problem with one of the Dr.'s today and that upset him. He was very rude. He will no longer be his pulmonary Dr. for sure.

My two sons and I visited today and he enjoyed seeing us. It was good to see him smile and the nurse said it was the best of spirits he was all day.

I'm on an emotional rollar coaster as I'm sure it is for you who are also going through similar situations with loved ones. We will all make it with God's help and love.
    Thanks so much for the prayers! He appreciates it too very much.

God bless all of you!

Love and Hugs,
    Harmony
    [This Message was Edited on 06/20/2002]
  2. Harmony

Harmony New Member

Thank you so much! Did you write that? It's beautiful and means a lot to me. I will read it over and over. You are so sweet.

Love, Harmony
  3. Harmony

Harmony New Member

It's a fungus that caused the pneumonia. Now they can treat Tom better with the proper medication. I'm so happy they found out. He did a lot of renuvating his home, scapping the ceiling, etc., so just guessing, it could've been from that.

They are going to try to cut back on his oxygen amount little at a time and let him have water today. The reason he couldn't have water or food with the other mask is he would choke since it is so pressurized. Tomorrow, he can have other liquids and gradually increase to food if he does well. Thanks again for praying!

Love, Harmony
  4. deecrossett

deecrossett New Member

Praise the Lord, Harmony. Tom has been in my uppermost mind for the last few days. I pray that his recover is quick and easy. I also pray for rest and peace for you, as I know you are worrying yourself to the brink. Please take care of yourself! Blessings, Deena
  5. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

This is really my first day back since grieving for my "Monkey-Dog"; I feel bad I did not know about the trials you-all are going through; do know that you have been in my prayers, in a collective way.

There are so many "new" things out there that can make us ill. Thankful to hear the docs have isolated the cause and treatment can really begin. Love CactusLil'
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

praying for Tom, Harmony I think of him and you all day long. I just keep asking the Lord to give him his strength, and to clear his lungs.

I will continue to do so. God bless you, and do try to get some rest yourself.

Take care, and if there is anything I can do, please let me know.

You are both in my thoughts and prayers everyday.

Shalom, Shirl
    [This Message was Edited on 06/07/2002]