Prayers needed for my Dad

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by suz41, Aug 21, 2003.

1. suz41

suz41 New Member

Hi everyone:

Please say a prayer for my dad tonight, we had a very upsetting/woorrisome situation occur last week. My father who can be his own worst enemy when it comes to his health suffered cogestive heart failure and landed in the CCu unit. He is home now and was really given a good straight scolding by the doctors in Billings MT. (vacationing). My dad has been really overwight for the past five years and has not heeded the warnib=ngs of problems of doctors and colleagues (he is a Doctor too). I am usually the family memeber that gets the phone call when somnething goes wrong. However, in this case the ball really is in his court. He has to lose weight and start ta=king better care of himeslf. I have tried talking to him and my mom from the perspective point of having had chronic disorders most of my life to try to help him see that he change certain aspects of his life and live more healthy. At this point my prayers are for him to get better and start to help himself. I know I have run on but I am frustrated by his actions which may be due to denial. I leave the future to God. Please pray for my Dad Bernard that he recovers and begins to see how precious life his and treat his body with respect. Thanks Everyone & God Bless

Suz

[This Message was Edited on 08/21/2003]
  2. Takesha

Takesha New Member

thank you for posting this prayer request. I like your dad am very stubbron and often unwilling to try to change the things I can to become more healthier.Then when I do try I fail all too often. I know from experience that I can't do it by my own power and that my thought processes really have to change. Sooo I will pray for him and you as well.
    Father, in the Name of Jesus I lift up Bernard to you. I ask that you will heal him father from the top of his head to the tip of his toes. I pray Lord that you will give him your stength and wisdom so that he can begin to take care of himself, and that you will give him enough love for himself that he will want to do it. Help him find a plan that will work for him, and help him to stand against the temptations that would cause him to stray from that plan. Father I lift up Suz to you today, I thank you Father she is a person of faith, and she has acted on that faith by turning to you for help. Comfort her Lord, help her to turn this concern for her father over to you. Please place words in her heart and mouth that her father will hear and recieve. Bless her father, and as she has sown the seeds of faith and love, in behalf of her father, I pray that you will bless her as well with healing in her own body. I thank you Father that you do not turn your ears away from our prayers and that you not only hear them, but answer them as well. In Jesus name Amen
  3. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Dear Lord, Please hear our prayers to help Suz Dad be healined with your healing hand. Please walk beside each of them, hold their hand and let them feel your presence. Bless them both and lead them clorer to you. This is in Jesus name, Amen.

Danny
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Prayers going up. My stepdad's name was Bernard and everyone called him Bernie. He didn't take good care of himself either and he was a doctor!

Love, Mikie
  5. TiffanyL

TiffanyL New Member

I will be praying for your Dad. I will pray for a speedy recovery and also that he will see how precious and beautiful life is. I will pray that God will give him the strength to make the lifestyle changes that he needs to make.
    Tiff
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Will be praying for your Dad, stubborness is one of my worst faults, I can relate to him easily, I am sorry to say.

Will be praying that he realize that he needs to take care of himself. What I am praying for is Wisdom for him!

God's blessing for all of you........

Shalom, Shirl
  7. mamafrey

mamafrey New Member

Men can be sooooo stubborn, but bless his heart! I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Love, mamafrey
  8. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Praying that all turns out fine for Bernard. Hopefully this will be a wake-up call for him and he will take better care of his health.

Sandyz
  9. selma

selma New Member

I will continue to send prayers up for him you and family and friends that they support him in his effort to get better.
    Love, Selma