Prayers Needed: I'm Watching My Family Fall Apart

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Elisa, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Elisa

Elisa Member

I would like to request prayers for my family- as I am crying in deep sadness because my family has fallen apart.

I am chronically ill (fevers for almost 4 mos are taking there toll) and alone...and need His help desperately. I am trying hard to keep going...

Thank you,

Elisabeth

Any prayers I can say would be helpful too.
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Will consider it a priviledge to pray for you and your family, I am also watching my family life fall apart, sometimes we are in the deepest hole, and then the Lord will bring us up into the light again.

I am so sorry to hear you are so ill, I just read your profile. I will keep you in my daily prayers.

Is Brinkley, your dog a Pit Bull or an American Bulldog? he is so beautiful! He must be a joy in your bad times, I know mine is. She is an American Bulldog, and resembles your Brinkley. I also lost my Pit Bull a year ago. He was a total love, and I do so miss him daily, he was 14 years old. He would make me smile when I didn't think I could handle anymore pain.

My American Bull is a sweetheart too, she is 110lbs, and sleeps by my back to keep me warm every night, and knows when I am feeling my worst.

I have FM an am deeply depressed from a family situation, so if it makes you feel better to pray for me also, I would be honored to know that I am in your prayers.

God bless you dear lady, and know you are in my prayers daily now.

Shalom, Shirl

[This Message was Edited on 10/09/2007]
  3. Elisa

Elisa Member

Oh what grace God has given you Shirl...I can hear it in your writing. You sound very wise and I am so sorry you suffer from family pain too.

Your kindness today was so very much needed by me - so important for you to know.

I will happily pray for you and your family and your pain.

You dogs are CUTE...My dog Brinkley is a yellow English Labrador Retriever - that's why she has a boxy face. I love her dearly. She does all she can to comfort me - especially when I am in pain - the overwhelming-can't-take-another-minute kind.

I really can hear your grace and that must come from God as He is our Father and as you know, He creates each one of us specially.

Thank you so much for your kindness and caring,

Elisabeth
    [This Message was Edited on 10/09/2007]
  4. MIssAutumn

MIssAutumn New Member

Dear Heavenly Father, we lift up Elisa and her family for your Grace, we ask that the weapons of the world not be used against her, that she will find the strength and the power of Your Love, that she will know that she is loved beyond what any earthly being can have for her, Your love will protect her and give her strength and courage.

In the name of Your Precious and Holy Son.

In an earlier post it was mentioned that it was time for God to show your brother in law, this needs to be said in complete love and not as a discipline.

Sarah
  5. Elisa

Elisa Member

Hi Sarah,

What a beautiful and heartening prayer...the first few words brough tears to my eyes...so powerful.

Thanks you so much for your prayer and kindness.

I didn;t undertsand what you meant on the last line - could you explain to me - I know it's important...

Your friend in Christ,

Elisabeth
  6. MIssAutumn

MIssAutumn New Member

When we tell God He "needs" to do something as a discipline we are exalting ourselves over God. We're saying I know what this person need better then You do. This can actually turn into a curse for the person. I saw this happen to two sisters, one sister thought she knew what the other needed more than God did. It put a curse on her, the one who the other thought should be discipline - until God showed her what was happening and broke it. I didn't know this was possible until it happened but God's Word never changes even in these days with i pods and putting men on the moon.

In stead of telling what someone needs even if it is so obvious, it's safer just to ask that their eyes be open or open their hearts, prayers that follow biblical teachings. And boy, can that be hard sometimes :)I've taken back what I've said and asked God for forgiveness then rephrase the pray quite a few times!
    Sarah
  7. greatgran

greatgran Member

So sorry to hear about your illness and family..

I am praying for you and your family situation...God will comfort and give you strength...

I can so relate about family ..

God's Love and Blessings be with you today,
    greatgran
  8. Elisa

Elisa Member

You are so sweet - I know you have problems with your family too - so your words are especially kind to me.

Thanks,

Elisabeth
  9. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Hi sweetie! So sorry youou!
    Sorry you are in such physical and spirtual dipair. I hope your family problems work out, and you start feeling better. Stress makes us really sick.

I'll be praying for you and your family,
    Kellyann
  10. greatgran

greatgran Member

So sorry you are so ill and going thru the family issues..

I sure can relate to family falling apart..As I too am having lots of heartbreak there..

It will be my pleasure to pray for you...I do wish I had some comforting words or advice but I am not much with words..

My prayes are going up for you and your family situation..

God comfort and keep you in his care...

Much love and Prayers,
    greatgran