Prayers needed please

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by BabsFl, Jun 21, 2003.

1. BabsFl

BabsFl New Member

Thank for the continued prayer for my parents. I wanted to ask for additional prayer for my husband and children.

My boy's Tim and Mike were both saved and now they are straying out into the world they are weak and are doing alot that they shouldn't(that is the easiest way to put it)
    And my hubby needs to come back to the Lord. I do not push him because I know that would just push him farther away I just try to let him see the Lords love through me.
    Please pray for all of thier returns to the Lord Pray they get a hunger for more of the Lord and his word. That they walk to the path God has choose for them. Pray a hedge of protection around them that any fiery dart the enemy intends for them is blocked by the protection of the lord.

I believe that God has his mighty hand on this board and that their will be great testimoney and miracles come from the prayer on this board...I believe that their is power in prayer exp in numbers praying....Although we are different denominations prayer is prayer and I appreciate them all.

Thank you very much and I have to tell you Thursday night at prayer time I felt so much peace as I prayed for all..It is amazing.........

God Bless,
    Thank you,
    Barb
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Have prayed for you husband and your sons. I had the same problem years ago. I relied on one Scripture that always brought me a large measure of peace. Here it is;

Proverbs 22;6 'Train up a child in the way he should go and, when he is old, he will not depart from it'.

It seems when they get away from the Lord, He will always use the experiences that they have, whatever they happend to be, for the good of their testimony some day.

My husband also drifted away, it was years, but he finally came back a stronger Christian than he was before.

When we pray for request like yours, we know that we are praying in the perfect will of God.

I will continue to pray for your family, and you just believe and wait for the answer!

God bless you, and your family.......

Shalom, Shirl

3. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

I just posted something myself & then viewed the other posts & read yours. You & I have asked for prayer for basically the same thing.

I will indeed say a prayer for you, your husband & your sons. I have always believed that things happen for a reason, it is all part of God's master plan. Even though many times I don't understand the why's of this great plan, I try not to question & just believe. At times this is easier said than done!

Like with my FMS. At first I did say, why me Lord? Now I'm saying ok, if this is part of your plan, I don't understand why I must suffer so much, but I put my faith in your hands. Someone once emailed me a story & in it was a line that I will always remember: If the Lord brought it to you, he will see you through.

Take care.....Kathi
  4. psalmlady

psalmlady New Member

I agree with Shirl, you have *trained* your children up in the admonition of the Lord and my sister they now-belong to Him. "Fear not" - God will turn what seems so bad into something beautiful - in His time.
    He will not turn them loose and the Holy Spirit will hound them until they come to themselves and return to the Father.They may have to go through some rough waters but God will see them through. They may go through the Refiners Fire before returning, but they will come through not even smelling of smoke! Oh! I get so excited just thinking how faithful our God is. Our ways are faaar from His ways but we can trust Him to work it all out.
    I believe this and I know that you do also! :)

Honey,(a little sharing here) - my husband got saved the same time that I did twenty years ago. However he only walked the walk for six months! Need I tell you, my being a baby, still on the milk of the word, almost fell apart but God sent people to me to pray and encourage me and I kept on keeping on -by the grace of God. It was hard and there were times I would ache from seeing him live the *old life* ( Satan comes back with seven demons ) and I kept loving him and calling his name out to the Lord.
    Six years ago-he returned to Jesus and is now on fire like never before. My sister, your husband will return, he too will be more in love with Jesus than ever before. You are sooo strong in the Lord and your faith will bring him back, because he sees Jesus in you!
    This I believe my friend! :)

I am praying and pleading the blood of Jesus on behalf of your family! :)
    God bless!
    [This Message was Edited on 06/23/2003]