Prayers needed please

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Sunshyne1027, Dec 6, 2003.

1. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

If anyone has heard of the shootings/sniper shootings in Ohio, well its happening right by me. Then there was a shooting at a mall last night, and a guy was injured. Then at my oldest sons school, a classmate was expelled for bringing a knife to school, to use in retaliaton because of a fight the previous day.

So, prayers needed. Its becoming really hard for me to deal with the holidays, Christmas, with all the craziness, violence going on right around me. I do not feel very safe right now.
  2. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Hello Sunny,

Dear Lord, please place your hands on Sunshyne and let her feel your presence, so that she feels a sense of comfort and peace during this very trying time in her part of the country. Lord guide her and give her wisdom. In Jesus name, amen.

Danny
  3. LPN_11

LPN_11 New Member

Heavenly Father please place your loving hands of protection around sunshyne and her family at this time in her life that she so desperately needs you.
  4. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

That`s so scary about the shootings. I`m praying that the sniper will be caught soon so you all can have a peaceful christmas.

Best wishes,
    Sandy
  5. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

Thank you so much for prayers. I feel a calmness, sense of peace when coming to read this board. Love it so much here. Love you all so much too.
  6. dash

dash New Member

Having lived through the whole Beltway Sniper incident last year, I understand your feelings. In fact, evidence recovered from their car indicated that four schools in this area, ranging from 1/4 mile-2 miles away from my home, were their next targets. During that time, it was a spiritual effort not to become anxious, but to be aware and vigilant.

I pray that God enable you to lead a normal life despite all the chaos around you. I ask that he keep you safe from harm and guide all your steps, and that the darkness of all this violence just be shut out by the light of His love for you.

Della
  7. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I have been keeping up with that sniper on tv for a week now. I pray that they catch him/them. How terribly awful that is.

In Louisiana, we have another serial killer on the lose, and two nuts robbing Albertson's supermarkets (my favorite store, by the way :( .

I know what you mean about not feeling safe these days.

I will be praying for your safety, and that they do catch who is shooting at innocent people, and the child that felt he needed a knife to defend himself.

Blessed Lord, we do need some relief from the evil in this world!

Shalom, Shirl