Prayers PLEASE for my dear brother !!

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Granniluvsu, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

:)Please pray in your own way for my brother Charlie. I just found out that he has prostate cancer. Sorry if I put this in the wrong place and not for prayers needed or wanted. He lives in NY (Long Island) and we do not see him or the family very much at all. I went myself a couple years ago for a few days to see him and some of the family still living on LI. Glad at least I got to go.

Right now they are doing tests and the biopsy was positive in all 12 sections. That doesn't sound good to me but I am hopeful. He had a CT scan but do not know the results and will be having a nuclear scan on Wed.

My brother is 4 years younger than I and is a bit over weight. His family is in shock of course as they love him dearly. He is a very loving and giving person and gives so much of himself to the family.

Thank you all.

Love,
    Granni :)
  2. hangininthere

hangininthere Active Member

Praying, Granni. Saw it on the Porch a few minutes ago and started praying.

Patti
  3. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Member

I hope that they have found this relatively early and that your brother makes a full recovery.
  4. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Thank you so much Freida, TigerLilea, and Patti. You are all so sweet and comforting. May God bless you all ! More later when I hear more !

You are all so precious to me !

Love,
    Granni
  5. windblade

windblade Active Member

Granni - praying for your brother. For his entire being - physical, emotional, spiritual.

That God will wrap up your brother powerfully and gently in His love for him.

Thanking God now for His complete, unconditional love for your brother.

And prayers for you, and all in your family.

(Still have your daughter in my prayers).

You are so precious to all of us here!
  6. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Dear Windblade,

That is so sweet of you to say, You, my dear are also very precious to us here on PH. Thank you so much for the prayers for my brother and also my daughter. My daughter that had cancer is doing very well but I cannot say that much about my other daughter. It is not very good I am afraid. I can't say much about it as she hasn't contacted any of us in quite some time and I think she feels we are all to blame for her troubles ( things I am guessing that she is hearing from others there where she is). All I can say about her situation is that it is not good at all.

God bless you so much for your caring !!

Love you and all,
    Granni
  7. Darrae

Darrae Member

Granni, I also saw your post on the Porch. Will say an extra prayer for you and dear Charlie tonight. I'm sure He is watching over you and your DB. Will continue prayers for you and your family's health, and well being. Much love.

Dar
  8. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Dar - Sweetie, thank you so much for your prayers and good thoughts for my brother and family. I appreciate them so much from you and so many others. I know my brother would appreciate them too if he knew. Now, the really hard part is waiting to hear about the tests and what they show. I am guessing that he may not have been taking care of himself and going to the doc yearly as he should be doing. However, we will see more probably this week.

Will let you all know when I find out any more. Will go and check on the Porch and then go take a shower. Not sure how much of the Olympics final ceremony I will be watching but will try and watch some of it. Didn't do any exercises today but did work outside some with DH to weed and get rid of some of the dead stuff from the frosts we have had. Hope that is the last of them. I know many of you will have more winter ahead of you but hope that it isn't as bad and some of the snow storms you all have already had.

Tomorrow will be another busy day with chores DH has planned on doing so no line dancing . Have a luncheon one day and two programs to sing. Then that will be over with for a little while. We told the gal not to make so many gigs for us all together in one or two weeks. We are all older and are still busy. This gal is in her 80's a retired piano teacher. She also sings in another small group but will probably have to stop as they will be without a pianist and the one they have had is quitting at 92 or 3,

Lots of hugs to you all,
    Granni
  9. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

A fairly good update on my brother who saw the doc yesterday who read the results of his tests to him. There was NO spreading of the Cancer from the Prostate. That is wonderful news. They will shrink the prostate I think he said and then he will get 3 months of radiation. So I am not so worried about hi any more.

Now I have to worry some about myself. After my last mammogram they sent me a notice that they wanted a repeat , either a mammogram or spot compressions and also a sonogram of the rt. breast. I am hoping it more of the same stuff I have years ago that turned out to be simply very dense breast tissue. The doctor wants me to go and have them done so I have to make an appt. after the weekend. Of course they are not working on the weekend. Hopefully just these two test will be all that is needed. Last time there were many more but scared the you know what out of me. The surgeon couldn't even find anything to really biopsy. The sonogram is what clinched it. That was probably close to 10-15 years ago.

Thanks so much again to all who prayed for my brother so now add me to the list. You can continue for complete healing for Charlie and getting through the RX's OK.

Love o all of you,
    Granni
  10. hangininthere

hangininthere Active Member

Hi Granni.

Thanks for updates.

Praising God for the good news your brother's cancer hasn't spread. Hallelujah!!!

Praying for you and your brother.

Patti
  11. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Dear Patti, Judy, Dar, Leah and everydobby else I can't remember at the moment,

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers for my brother and myself. Sorry my brother has to go through radiation but it surely could have been a lot worse. Not sure how thy are going to shrink the prostate first . Glad they found it before it did spread.

Yes, Hallelujah for my brother's final diagnosis, that it hadn't spread.I am so happy about that and I know the rest of the family is too.

Tomorrow I need to make an appointment for my second mammogram and breast sonogram. Hope I can just go and get it over with. At least I do not have to go into the hospital just to the imaging center that is close by. Last time I had this problem it took forever for me to find the results with lots of tests and doctors in between. There technology is so much keener now and takes much less time.

More updates later. Thanks SO MUCH again !

I love you all,
    Granni :)
  12. windblade

windblade Active Member

Dear Granni,

So glad to hear about your brother - that the cancer hasn't spread.

Have you had your tests yet?

Keeping you in prayers.

Love, Judy
  13. Doznclan12

Doznclan12 Member

Oh Granni, this is such good news, was just going down the thread from the top! Was going..going..until I saw your last post. I will still keep him and you in my prayers.
    I hope everyone is doing as well as can be. Windblade, good to see you here.
  14. windblade

windblade Active Member

Hi Doz, Good to see you! I left you a reply on the post that Freida made for me asking for prayer for me.
  15. Doznclan12

Doznclan12 Member

16. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

HI Doz,

What a cute post picture of your chicken, was it yours, or just a picture?? Have you hear from Frieda? We sure do miss her ! Hope she is getting a little better, at least.

Luv,
    Granni
  17. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Prayers going up.

Love, Mikie
  18. Doznclan12

Doznclan12 Member

This was my chicken. She is with someone else now. How is everyone doing on here? I've been having a bit of tough time lately. Guess that's par..it comes, it goes, it comes, it goes. Wish it would go..away for a long time. Don't we all? Need to post another pretty chicken photo. I love my chickens. They help keep me >>> going. :D
  19. Doznclan12

Doznclan12 Member

20. Doznclan12

Doznclan12 Member

Here is a photo of one of my silkie chickens. Very soft. Don't know if it is a girl or boy yet. Still young. Getting more and more fluffy. :) I want to start breeding silkies.
    10377468_10201201206072018_550838481533693163_n.jpg