Prayers Please, starting a new job

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by fromnz, Feb 10, 2007.

1. fromnz

fromnz Guest

Hi There,
    I don't write much, just read, so you don't know me, but I would value your prayers.
    I saw an ad for a job I felt I could do so went after it, I have been on SS for about 2 years now & worked part time till May of last year, nothing since.
    I got the job after one interview, the very next day in fact! So feel very much led by God, unfortunately ever since I decided to accept I have had migraine!
    The position is only 18 hours a week, as a Deputy manager of a small retirement home, which I am well qualified for, so I just need my body to behave!
    I start at 8am 11th of Feb. So it is looming up. I would value any prayers, thank you!
    I do know God is with me so I just have to trust Him for His strength to do this.
    Thanks again,
    Linda.
  2. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Linda stays in the background but is a prayer warrior and the best friend a person could ask for. God connected us many years ago, from New York to New Zealand. We are there for each other through thick and thin.

Please offer prayers that this new work opportunity becomes a positive fixture in Linda's life. She gives so much to everybody else and never thinks of herself.

Linda dear, prayers indeed daily for your endeavor. May the migraines stay away, pain and other maladies. May the good Lord hold you each day in the palm of his hand. May He say you have paid your dues, now it is time for the tide to turn for you.

Hugs and Blessings and please put yourself on the weekly prayer list.
  3. caffey

caffey New Member

Thank you Father for giving Linda this job. Please go ahead of her and prepare the way. Please give her favor where it is needed, please give her strength and take away the migraine and ease all her other aches, pains and discomforts. Please give her clarity of thought and help her to remember and process the things that she needs to remember. Please let her be a light shining Your love and peace in this facility. Please use her in a powerful way there. Thank you in Jesus Name. Amen.
    Cath
  4. fromnz

fromnz Guest

Thankyou Asa & Cath,
    My first day at work has been daunting, & I am very tired physically & mentally, & very sore, & wondering what on earth I have done!!

I think I will fit in well though & they all seem nice people to work with. I will have a lot of responsibilty which I hope I can handle, plus tutoring which will be a nice challenge, but I have a lot to catch up on.

I would value continued prayers as have a lot against me with the fibro etc.

Best wishes,
    Linda.
  5. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Linda dear friend, prayers continue as always. Heavenly Father help my friend, be with her, give her strength and keep her from pain and the dreaded migraines. Make her life smile and put a ray of sunshine on her face. I ask this in God's name.
  6. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Hi Linda,

May God be with you as you go to your new job, that you may deal with all that comes to you and that you will not suffer as you have

May you have peace and enjoyment in your new position and May God be with you and give you his healing and peace

hugs

kgangel
  7. fromnz

fromnz Guest

It is day two at work tomorrow, more orientation with two days in a row, the hours were supposed to be 8am to 2pm but it looks like I have to stay on duty longer.

I had today off & have been in a lot of pain from my neck, shoulders & back. I have tried to have a quietish day, & am praying that I will get used to the job really quickly so the tension doesn't keep affecting my muscles. I woke with muscle spasms in the early hours of this morning, so can't afford that to happen too often.

So thank you again all who have been praying for me, I am trying to trust God as He has put me in this position, I had prayed strongly He would close the door if not meant to be & instead it was flung wide open, so I know I am supposed to be there. So hopefully the pain will decrease soon also.

Thanks again.
    Linda.