Prayers...PLEASE..withdrawals- UPDATE

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by paula45, Aug 24, 2003.

1. paula45

paula45 New Member

Hi Everyone--
    I lurk here and know you are all terrific and I'm needing prayers very badly. I'm going off my meds (opioids and antidepressants) and am suffering terribly with withdrawals. Everytime I ask drs about a problem they throw another pill at me until I was miserable, so I'm getting off them. Please pray. I'll check back when I can. Thank you all so much.
    paula

Everyone--God is SO good. My shakes are lessening and I even got to the piano for a few minutes. Please keep praying. My mother (in her 80's) is SO worried and my precious son who lives at home worries about me as well. I have to decide on one to watch over me tomorrow. I've been able to keep down some crackers and take a B complex. I'm hoping for a miracle and know that you all have stronger faith than I...BUT I do have the faith of a mustard seed. Isn't that all we need? Love to you all. Keep the prayers coming till I'm out of the woods.
    Paula[This Message was Edited on 08/24/2003]
  2. Takesha

Takesha New Member

I will pray for you now.
    Father in the name of Jesus, I come before you asking for your Grace and Mercy for Paula. Father, you know her situation and are familar with every cell of her body. I pray that you will meet her at her point of need. Cleanse her body Father from the effects of these drugs and symptoms of withdrawal. Remove her pain, and anxiety. Father,please also give her wisdom and insight concernning her medications. I pray that Paula will feel your presense and comfort during this time. We know Father, that when two or more touch upon any thing, that it will be done. I thank you for hearing and answering her crys to you. In Jesus
    Name. Amen

Here is a promise Paula- replace "but to you who feat my name with " But For Paula who fears my name....

Malachi 4:2But to you who fear My name, the Sun of Righteousness shall rise up, and healing will be on His wings. And you shall go out and frisk like calves of the stall.

I am sending you lots of hugs today. I am sorry you are having these problems I know this is a very difficult time, and I admire your determination.
    Takesha
  3. TiffanyL

TiffanyL New Member

Dear Paula,
    I am so sorry that you are having a hard time. I will be praying for you that your withdrawal symptoms will disappear and that you will soon be well. I sure admire you. I had to get off of an antidepressant once and it was so horrible. My heart goes out to you. Take care Paula, and keep us posted.
    In Christ,
    Tiff
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am praying for you. I hope you are doing this under a doc's supervision. It's hard enough enough to wean off one drug, but two is really difficult. Best of luck to you and let us know how it is going.

Love, Mikie
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Paula, that the Lord give you His Strength to over come all this havoc going on in your body and mind.

Your faith is sufficient, even the size of the mustard seed!

We will add our faith to yours and take heaven by storm for you............

Blessings and His strength going your way............

Shalom, Shirl
  6. Takesha

Takesha New Member

The steadfast love of the Lord NEVER CEASES, AND HIS MERCIES NEVER COME TO AND END, they are NEW EVERY MORNING. Great is His faithfulness.
    I am still praying that the Lord will continue the healing process in you that has already begun. May you have peace like a river always flowing, and joy that bubbles out of you constantly. Hugs to you today.
    Takesha
  7. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Hi Paula. I definitely understand where you are coming from. I'm on meds also and have fought staying off of them.
    But I'm on them again and trying to find some balance. But may the lord walk with you each day and hold your hand and give you comfort thru this trying time.

Amen, Danny
  8. paula45

paula45 New Member

To let you know, I called my dr. this a.m. and he said to get myself in there today so I'm going later this afternoon. My poor son is so worried and I keep trying to reassure him. I'm feeling pretty bad today so keep the prayers coming. My hubby is going to meet me at the dr. office too. I'm packing a bag just in case. Thanks SO much for your support! Keep it coming.
    Paula
  9. Takesha

Takesha New Member

keep you in my forethoughts and prayers. I to have a doctors appt. this afternoon concerning meds for fibro. So as I sit waiting to be seen, I will remember you also. Hugs.
    Takesha
  10. selma

selma New Member

My prayers are being sent up right now.
    You have been blessed with caring husband and family.
    Love and prayers to you and your family.
    Selma

11. mamafrey

mamafrey New Member

God Bless You, mamafrey
  12. Hikagranma

Hikagranma New Member

[†] Dear Lord and Savior, we come to you from all areas of the world, in Faith, Believing Thy will be done. May Paula feel your loving arms about her. In your name, I pray. Amen