prayers please

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by allhart, Aug 7, 2002.

1. allhart

allhart New Member

im at the end of my rope i realy can not handle all that i am going threw i dont think anyone eles could either even without this dd,i know only god can help me threw but im left wondering why he would let others put me threw so much, the worse part is if someone told me my own story i would not belive all this could happen to one person or one family, itruley need all your prayers
    kara
  2. Jackie F

Jackie F New Member

I would like to share a story with you.

My World fell apart in 1985, when I was told that my Dad--I called him Daddy until he went home, was DX'd with the HIV virus. He had been infected during a quadruple bypass in 1980 and wasn't even informed for 5 years.
    My Father was an Ordained Minister who raised 6 natural children, 3 adopted and 13 more foster children.

Now to share how he spoke of this event.

" I consider this simply another lesson/trial. But it holds so much more for me. For this is the greatest challenge ever set before me. BUT I do consider this His Greatest gift. He has choosen, in my golden years, to Show me how very much He Loves & trusts me. For He has said He will never give me more than I can bear. And since I KNOW He does not lie--I KNOW I am able to do this--because He said I CAN!!"

And when the Social Workers came to check his state of mind concerning his impending death, they ask: What does death mean to you Mr Cook? He replied:
    "A Permanent change of address."

My Father spoke & educated until he went home--to that permanent change of address.

I saw his physical body deteriorate, but his spirit never failed.

May you feel the Guidance of our Lord in your life and feel His arms around you in your time of need.

Jackie F
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Kara, after reading Jackie's response, there is not much more to add. She did leave out the part she played in her Dad's care, which is an awesome testimony too.

Will be praying for you and your family.

God's blessings for all of you.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

You are in my prayers as well. I don't know what the challenge is and don't need to know to pray for you.

Jackie does have a wonderful testimony of the truth and wisdom of the scriptures. We read that Gods' ways are not our ways; I have to tell myself that often when I don't understand the why and wherefores of life.

Love Lil'
  5. Harmony

Harmony New Member

My heart goes out to you! Jackie and the others said it well. I do want you to know I have prayed for you and will continue to pray for whatever hardships you are facing.
    God bless you, Kara!

Love,
    Harmony