Prayers, Please.....

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by jole, Mar 21, 2010.

1. jole

jole Member

I know I haven't been here for awhile, but am asking you to pray for my sister, husband and family. She has just been diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig disease) a few weeks ago. They are going through a really tough time trying to come to grips with all that will mean for her future. They have a very strong faith in our Lord, but are really struggling right now with everything.

The thing that is so very hard for me is the fact that we are so very close, and right now, as she comes to grips with this, she has pretty much shut me out. I understand she needs her space, but her hubby is in denial and won't talk to her, she's trying to protect her kids by not talking to them, and needs to talk about this. We email each other......I suppose it's easier for her than to actually talk on the phone.

Anyway, please keep her and family in your prayers as they begin this long, hard road. Thank you so very much. I just don't know how else to help her.......Jole
  2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Prayers for Jole, her sister, husband and family during this time. (Don't forget to put this on Thursday's prayer worship too).
  3. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

Will be praying for you and your family. Love to you, Cynthia
  4. windblade

windblade Active Member

You must be broken-hearted. It came to mind the scripture that Jesus is near and close to the brokenhearted. That he so identifies - and will come in to comfort and help.... and be her loving God. And yours. Her family's.

I am so sorry to hear this news. And the pain of being closed off, for you.

Praying for you, your sister in all her great needs, shock, everything.

Sometimes we need to hold on to God, like a drowning person. But he holds us up - always - through it all.

Will continue to pray. You are connected to a web of pray-ers, who will hold you up through this time. You are not alone.

May our Jesus pour out His love every instant to all your family in need. I know that he is faithful.

Love, Judy
  5. springwater

springwater Active Member

My prayers with you and yours

God Bless
  6. jole

jole Member

Sorry I haven't been back to thank you, but knew I could count on you anyway :)

Nothing new yet...will keep you posted if anything changes. Love to all.......Jole