Prayers please...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jole, Jun 27, 2012.

1. jole

jole Member

There are fires all around us this afternoon. We have pics, etc. loaded and ready to go. The closest is 4 miles from here..wind is sending it this way. Fire depts from two towns are fighting..pray they get it out. Thanks
  2. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers . Please be ready to leave if it gets close.

I didn't realize there were fires also in Kansas.

I am so sorry to hear that the fires are so close to you. I had forgotten where you were living. There are fires in a couple states that are very bad. We keep hearing about the ones in Colorado I think and there were fires to I thought in NM. Last year we were in a similar situation here in TX with everything SO DRY, with no rain and there were fires all around. There were even some not to far from us and we are surrounded by trees. I think the one really bad last year was in Bastrop, TX that was just horrible. It burned up so many homes.

May God bless and keep you and your family and those around you safe.

[This Message was Edited on 06/27/2012]
  3. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Jole - I just went on line and that is what they were saying. I hope they are all out.

I am hoping they are correct on this. I think you can take a deep breath and say a prayer. It sounds like it is over now and hope it is out for good.

4. spacee

spacee Member

Will be praying!! that they stay away !!

5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hope the reports are right, and the fires are out. We are all
    keeping our fingers crossed and wishing you are all safel

6. jole

jole Member

Yes, it ended up with 4 counties fighting and they got it out. There were 4 different fires near here. I think we have the drought Tx had last year, and the horrid winds just won't stop. As far as I've heard, no homes were destroyed, but our neighbor was just 1/2 mile from it! Thank you for the prayers and well wishes...a slight chance of rain this weekend! Love ya all....
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The fires are under control. I've been praying for everyone in harm's way. I'm glad the fire missed you. I'm afraid with the drought and dry conditions, they may flare up again. I pray not. Take care.

Love, Mikie
  8. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Hi Jole,

I didn't know that KS was having such a bad drought this year. Yes, that was us in TX last year; I understand how nerve-wracking it is. Please keep us posted. Thinking and praying for you and hope the fires stay away!

Love, Erika

9. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

I just started reading this thread and was thinking how on the news it said homeowners in some area had 5 minutes notice to get out of their homes and I dreaded what I might learn here on this thread.

I'm so glad it worked out okay for you and your neighbors. I wish it was that way for everyone in all the fires. With all the tension, worry, stress and strain, it sounds like it is time to let the boxes sit and try to unwind for a day or two. Many hugs.
  10. spacee

spacee Member

I was reading and your post said that " 4 cousins were fighting but it was all
    out now". I thought this was about the fires?

OH!! Counties!!! Duh!!

Still praying. Glad it is getting a bit better!