Praying For All In Hannah's Path

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The projections have this storm heading for the Carolinas. I have a good friend living in Myrtle Beach. My prayers are with everyone in harm's way.

Ike is the one we are watching here in FL. It was a Cat 4 but wind shear has cut it down to a 3. It's expected to regain strength. It's too early to project for sure but some models have it running right up the middle of FL. With a storm this close and with so many potential paths, it's almost impossible to evacuate to safety. There is nowhere to run. You can go inland where you think it's safe and the storm can change course and hit you there. These storms can cause tornados around the outer edges too and they can be more devastating than the hurricane itself.

Charley was a Cat 5 and then a 4 just before it hit down here. It was a 3 when it got to where I am. If Ike hits from the East or South, it will likely lose strength but if it hits us from the West or SW, it will be horrible. I live right on the coast, just a few miles from the beach. I am also very close to the river, which is very wide near me. Charley took it's final path along the Peace River up the coast about 30 miles. These storms will follow waterways. Also, if it hits from the West Coast, we will be on the "dirty" side with worse winds. Storm surger could be very bad too with lots of flooding. It will all come down to a high pressure system which is now steering Hannah away from us. Ike is further to the South so even if the high continues to steer it on a curve to the North, it will happen when Ike is closer to FL. Basically, this storm could go anywhere but hitting FL is a strong possibility.

Love, Mikie
  2. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Mickie et al,

I have a daughter and family living in N.C. but it is in Moorseville which is in the middle of N.C. somewhere, not close to the coast. They do need rain badly in that area but no hurricane for sure.

God bless you and all that may be in the paths of all these hurricanes. They are so close together it is scary . Yes, you don't know till the last minute almost where they are going to hit. There was also the possibility IKE could come into the Gulf but now they they it might not. Will just keep watching it (them). Poor Florida seems to be especially vulnerable lately.

I will continue to pray for those in their paths. I think it was Haiti that got it so badly from Hanna. I can't keep all of these storms straight. I just saw a terrible picture in the paper of all the flooding.

Blessings and hugs,

3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

So many of these storms hit Cuba, Hispanola, and other areas in the Caribbean. Most of the housing is substandard and those poor people really get hit hard.

Love, Mikie