Praying Psalm 91 over friends and family... | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

Praying Psalm 91 over friends and family...

ProHealth CBD Store

lydia1

In Iowa, many of our schools are closed, restaurants only doing "pick up" or "drive thru" orders, crazy "stocking up" shopping in our stores and other signs of the "hysteria" that has gripped our nation. The nursing home where my dad lived until his death last April has said "no outside visitors".

It's a scary situation, to be sure...and my husband and I are taking all the recommended precautions. Yes, we are both over 60, but in fairly good health...but one still needs to use care. I postponed my much anticipated Easter trip to visit kids and grands out of state...as much because of the "unknowns" about how other people are going to act as because of the virus itself.

But, one thing of which we can be sure...God is love, and He is still in control. I watched a video from a Christian speaker who reminded her viewers that we can "set our mind" when we start feeling anxious about this whole corona virus situation. Turn to the Lord and think of things that are good...

Philippians 4:4-9...

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

My reason for this post is to encourage anyone, like myself, who is worried about family members, friends, neighbors...not only health/physical concerns, but also the impact this is having on people financially, having to find last minute child care, the list could go on and on.

Please feel free to add any other Bible verses or encouraging words in the form of poems, etc.
Praying for all,
Take care.

Last edited:

Granniluvsu

Thank you Julie for the lovely prayers as well as your news. It sounds a lot like out news around here. Schools, are closed and slow restaurant work since they are not supposed to have more than 10 people in them , maybe 50 at gatherings depending on the way the buildings are configured, Our grandsons' grad party fro college is also being cancelled, the party that is. Not sure if the graduation ceremonies will be cancelled or not yet. I am guessing so if this hangs on and the crowds they expect for the ceremonies. No more singing around here at the nursing homes and facilities and Masses have been cancelled. The churches are open during the day to pray but that is all. You are right about losing $ for sure, We sure have lost a good chunk already due to the stock market..

Any more prayers or words of wisdom would be great to be added, if anyone has any.

Love and blessings,,
Granni

windblade

Dear Julie, as I am dropping by to see how everyone is doing, it's wonderful to see the psalm and other scriptures here. Phillipians 4 is so wonderful. I think practicing gratefulness has been the best game-changer for me in living with chronic illnesses. Looking around at all the beauty everyday in the changing sky-scapes, birds, animals, trees. All the fascinating gifts from our Creator, around our world.
Here is a prayer from Lorna Byrne, from a book called ' Prayers from the Heart'.
" Prayer to Help Me to Get Closer to God"
Dear God,
I ask you for your divine help.
I long to get closer to you.
Let my soul shine radiantly as it longs to get
closer to you, my God.
Let you, my God, be always on my mind.
Let me give you praise and thanks every
moment of my life.
Allow me to come closer to you, my God,
For my soul and heart longs for this.
I love you, my God.
Amen."

Blessings to all here.
Judy

Here

windblade

From John Burroughs, a great nature writer, "To find the universal elements enough; to find the air and the water exhilirating; to be refreshed by a morning walk or an evening saunter; to be thrilled by the stars at night; to be elated over a bird's nest or a wildflower in spring - these are some of the rewards of the simple life."