Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by elliespad, Jan 3, 2007.

1. elliespad

elliespad Member

PRE-SCHOOL TEST (click on my Username)

Pre-school children were asked the following question:
    "In which direction is the bus pictured below traveling?"

Look carefully at the picture.

Do you know the answer?

(The only possible answers are "left" or "right.")

Think about it

2. elliespad

elliespad Member

well, while you're waiting for the new picture to appear, can you tell me, based on the shadow in the picure of the snake cucumber, what time of day was this picure taken?
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

It is a very stylized bus. There's no real way to tell because the front and back are identical. There aren't enuff windows. Can't see the driver, bike rack, door, passengers, etc.

If I were forced to guess, I'd say the door must be on the other side so it's going right.

But I really like Ouch's answer.
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

many preschoolers could figure it out.

The internet is full of stuff of dubious veracity.
  5. elliespad

elliespad Member

Is that your FINAL answer?
  6. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

I know I am thinking to logically so this can't be right but here is my answer.

The bus has to be traveling to the right.

Why? When a car "bus in this instance" is right in front of you it is traveling to the right.

The bus is still traveling right because it is in a book and it is above the pages below it which would make it traveling to the right. BUT you have to turn the page to the left to get to the next page so is the bus really traveling to the left?

My final answer... RIGHT.

7. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

I HAVE IT!

No matter which side of street you are on the traffic in front of you is always traveling to the right. So it has to be right.

8. elliespad

elliespad Member

How nice to hear from you again :) Long time, no hear. How's little bean doing?
  9. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

He is doing great! Can you believe that he will be 11 months old on Saturday? It is crazy!

He is so much fun! We play all day and read and have so much fun. But now he has started this thing where if you tell him NO he will put both his hands into fists and make a muted scream noise to show his disapproval of the situation. LOL

For me... I am wearing down and fast. I am pretty sad about it too. I was hoping and praying that this day wouldn't come and it started sometime in the holiday season between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Although if I really try to pinpoint it I am sure my remission has been coming on for awhile now. I think the stress of the holidays just did me in.

Okay, enough blah talk! Thanks for noticing I was back. I was trying to sneak back without making a big fuss mostly because I didn't want to admit that I am feeling sick again.

For some reason I feel as though I have failed by "it" coming back. Odd I know...

Oh and sorry, I didn't mean to take over your post with "other" talk!!!!
  10. elliespad

elliespad Member

Anybody have a preschooler to ask them? Here is the REST of the test.

Think about it

Still don't know?

Okay, I'll tell you.

The pre-schoolers all answered "left."

When asked, "Why do you think the bus is traveling in the left direction?"

They answered:

"Because you can't see the door."

How do you feel now ???
    I know, me too.

***Now, this answer is based on the fact that in the US, bus doors are on the RIGHT. So the bus MUST be going LEFT. They may be on the left in other countries, in which case, the RIGHT would be the correct answer.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/04/2007]
  11. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

I KNEW I was thinking too logically! Or actually in this case not logically enough!

Yup I am feeling rather dumb today! But this was fun anyway!