pre sick exercises revisited - update

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sofy, Jun 19, 2003.

1. sofy

sofy New Member

I have a pilates machine that I love. Once I got sooooo tired I could no longer use it. On a good day, a couple months ago, I dug it out and gave it a shot but only on the lowest tension settings. It felt soooooooo good. I woke up in the middle of the night like an electric cattle prod had just jabbed me and every muscle in my body screamed especially my toes and legs were severely curled and cramped. The end of that.
    The past month or so have been doin a very few selective exercises using the pilates machine again and with no bad side effects. I avoid anything where I bend the toes, cuz found this to be cramp causing.
    I now wear big heavy sneakers when using it to avoid the cramp problems. Just finished the whole routing and again it felt wonderful and it really did energize me. I feel great. Tonight will be the tale of the deed.
    I listen to my body. Cannot do much of any exercise early am, so wait till mid to late morning when I feel the small energy spike and then I pounce and the exercise magnifies this tine energy spark. I really do believe all the reports that say one of the keys to getting better is exercise but each of us has to find how to implement that for ourselves.
    Keep your fingers crossed for me tonight cuz I so want this to work.
    UPDATE
    Had a great day. Forced my self to take a slow pace but even then found myself up on the roof, late in the day, hose in hand cleaning the gutters that had been ignored for about 3 years. Took a very hot bath, got so relaxed had to sit there with no water waiting to cool down befoe I could move to wash or get out. Went to bed at eleven and fell asleep with out too much trouble but it was a bit of a struggle. Woke up a couple of times but managed to get back to sleep. Woke up and got up after 8 hrs. This is a miracle. 8 hrs. Today will keep the exercise to just walking and then hit the pilates again tomorrow.
    Dont give up. Just keep on trying exercise till you find you can do it but listen to your body. I think one of the things for me is not curling my toes as stupid as that sounds and starting off with just 3 to 4 minutes of one exercise and then adding. I still have my fingers crossed.
    I have to add that all this became possible when I started the supplement "Pure IGF" That is a brand name of deer velvet.
    [This Message was Edited on 06/20/2003]
    [This Message was Edited on 06/20/2003]
  2. shazz

shazz New Member

I also need to do something.
    I have lost weight, down to 155 from 180 (I'm 5'10) and have 10-15 more to go. I know I will never hit my perfect 129 again, my days of looking like a walking Barbie are over, Butt, (pun intended) my a$$ and thighs are saggy, and I need to firm up somehow. I don't know how I am going to accomplish this, I still work 40 hours a week and by the time I get home the couch is where I land for the evening.
    anyone done butt crunches or such lately?
    Don't know where I will find the energy, and I am very afraid of the pain I might cause myself doing spot toning.
    I did get the article yesterday saying it shouldn't cause permenant damage.
    The Sturgis Bike Rally is coming up the first week in August and I would love to go, I have missed it for several years because none of my appropriate clothes fit me.
    Any ideas or tips anybody?

Hugs,

Shazz