predisone question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hoodnanny, Jul 2, 2006.

1. hoodnanny

hoodnanny New Member

does anyone who is taking predisone make them swell and the stomach feel bloated..
    if so what can you do about it.
    shirley
  2. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Please don't be offended by what I'm about to say .. but my cat is on predisone for the feline version of IBS/Chrons .. I asked the vet about swelling as one of the side affects ( I heard about it in humans .. so I think you are having a normal side affect ) .. he acknowledged that humans and dogs, have swelling problems .. but cats for some strange reasons don't ( for which I am glad of !)
    But you should talk to your doctor about it if it is making you uncomfortable of course !
    Good Luck !
    Joy
    PS .. it took a few days but my cat is getting a lot better, is it helping you ?
  3. hoodnanny

hoodnanny New Member

thank you for your replys...yes the predisone has worked wonders in just a few days....symptoms are all gone, but still having to ween myself off it...
    my stomach is swollen, yet there is very little food in it...it feels like a hollow blown up balloon.....
    i wasnt sure whether it was from the predisone or something else
    i feel like i have twenty more pounds caring around....the scales say no..
    thanks for your help.......
    shirlely
  4. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

I get that feeling too Shirley .. with all these different meds, gaining weight and bloating is a terrible problem ..
    Too bad they don't have a "wonder" pill to make us actually feel better for keeps ! haha
    Joy : )