PREDNISONE IS A KILLER

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by alondrita, Mar 4, 2012.

1. alondrita

alondrita New Member

I GOT DIAGNOSED WITH LUPUS IN 2005 N I WAS PUT ON PREDNISONE AND A BUNCH OF OTHER MEDS. IN MAY 2011 I GOT DIAGNOSED WITH AVASCULAR NECROSIS ON MY HIPS MY KNEES N ONE SHOULDER, BASICALLY IM CREEPLE NOW.... IM HAVING A HARD TIME TO MOVE AROUND.... SO THE BAD THING IS THAT IM STILL ON PREDNISONE I CANT STOP TAKING IT. N ITS KILLING MY BONES.. I JUST WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW THAT PREDNISONE KILLS UR BONES.. N DOCTORS DONT TELL U ABOUT IT UNTILL IS TOO LATE...
    [This Message was Edited on 03/04/2012]
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am so sorry for the problems the steroid has caused. Please follow our posts over on the FMS/CFIDS Board regarding peptide injections. They work for Lupus as well as other immune/autoimmune illnesses. Good luck.

Love, Mikie
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

Prednisone won't kill you or cause your immediate death, but it certainly will take its toll on your body!! It will destroy your bones to the point you will be hip replacements, etc. ... it can also cause diabetes, will cause glaucoma, and more. It's just unfortunate that some people need the steroid in order to breathe, to reduce the inflammation in your body, etc.

I am so sorry that it has destroyed your body to the point that you are crippled now, are in a lot of pain, and having such a hard time getting around.

I pray that some day something will be discovered to do the job that prednisone does, but wont do the destruction that it will.

Take care.