Pregablin drug for Fibro???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lalaina, Aug 28, 2005.

1. lalaina

lalaina New Member

I cannot understand why anyone living in the US and has Fibro is not on the drug Pregablin. This drug is designed especially for people sufferering from fibro and is safe and effective. Unfortuntely, my dr will not give me a script for it so I have to order Milnaciprin from England. I contacted the Ohio State University 3 years ago and they told me about this drug and believe me it works. Good luck
  2. dunnlb

dunnlb New Member

I have had a prescription, but when I go to pharmacy, they don't have it. I haven't tried lately.

Gigi, you can order Milnacipran from International Antiaging Systems: "Milnacipran - brand name Ixel is being heralded as 'miraculous treatment' in the fight against Fibromyalgia and Lupus. It is believed that the combination of Milnacipran's norepinephrine and serotonin enhancement action has pain-killing and mood lightening and calming effects. Therefore, Milnacipran is also a wonderful new weapon in the fight against both depression and pain."

56 x 25mg capsules.

Price: (3 or fewer items) $49.95
    Price: (4 or more items) $44.95

It is similar to Cymbalta, which can also be ordered online from Pharmacy Geoff. It is listed under "generics."
  3. rrsbaby

rrsbaby New Member

I just started cymbalta about three weeks ago, 60mg a day. So far I have not noticed any difference. I also take elivil at night and soma three times a day. I take selexa at night, and still do not sleep all night nor do I sleep well. Is this Pregablin alot like cymbalta, or do you find it different?
    RRSbaby
  4. hfollett

hfollett New Member

My neurologist told me it should be available for purchase in mid September.
  5. moxiepup

moxiepup New Member

I thought this drug was exactly like Cymbalta, anyone know what the diff is?

thanks gail: P.S. didn't have much luck with Cymbalta that's why I'm asking maybe this has something just a little diff in it....Cymbalta made me naseous

6. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

i was recently part of a clinical trial for lyrica. if you poke around using the search feature, you can likely locate some progress posts. i've never taken cymbalta, but from what i understand, lyrica is nothing like it. i've taken neurontin and lyrica is superior in every way. if you've ever taken neurontin and said wow!, my pain is better but i feel dumb as rocks; that feeling is completely eliminated with lyrica. it is like neurontin in the sense that it works on the gaba receptors (hence the name pregabalin) to pacify hyper-sensitive nerve endings, but the side effect profile is completely different. for sleep and pain issues, i would recommend everyone at least try this drug. i gained about 10 pounds while i was on it, and it does cause this strange late-afternoon sleepiness along with some balance problems, but it kicked my daily pain levels down from around a 5 to a 2. my experience with lyrica convinced me that fibro is a nervous system disorder, not a muscloskeletal disorder.

eddie
  7. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

Is it better(more effective than Neurontin? I'm on a relatively small dose--500mg. but, it doesn't work all that well, and if I increase it I'm just too darn tired.

Does anyone know if Milnacipran is much different than Cymbalta? Just curious, couldn't tolerate Cymbalta, thanks...