Pregnancy Advice

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pumpkinbear, Sep 10, 2008.

1. pumpkinbear

pumpkinbear New Member

I am new to this site, but as I read your posts I can't help but wonder if anyone has any pregnancy advice? I suffer from fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, depression, a sleep disorder, IBS and migraines. I was recently taken off my anti-depressants, muscle relaxers, pain meds (Lyrica), and sleep meds in preparation of what will hopefully be my first pregnancy. I have also read that pregnancy can put the FM into remission, but I can't help but still be terrified. Unfortunately last week I had to be restarted on sleeping meds (Ambien) since I wasn't sleeping most nights and was sick continuously. I worry about taking any medication during pregnancy, but I am trying to weigh the positives and negatives of the situation. I would appreciate any and all suggestions on experiences you have faced with pregnancy and fibromyalgia. Were you on any meds when you got pregnant, during pregnancy? Were you able to nurse? What symptoms did you face during pregnancy? Was it worth it? Ect. Thanks!
  2. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

3. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

I know that other members have become pregnant and posted about it. Have you tried searching?

I think if you can be a bit patient and keep your post bumped and on the 1st page you will find the people who can help.

Oh, congratulations!

ETA I put "pregnant" and "pregnancy" (individually) in the search window above and got loads of posts. This will not only give you info but can connect you with people who have been down this road.

Good luck![This Message was Edited on 09/11/2008]
  4. PainPainGoAway

PainPainGoAway New Member

I just bumped an older post entitled "Pregnancy and Fibro" by has my story on there. It was funny to read something I wrote so long ago, but I hope it helps. Feel free to ask any questions, as I had lots of issues, including migraines with all three, horrible back labor, and yet the most wonderful deliveries...with lots of the right kind of support and a positive attitude.

There was no pregnancy information and FM when I went through this, and most thought it went into remission but not always true, but either way, I'm glad I have three. And there are other experiences of those who did have totally pain free pregnancies.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/11/2008]
  5. Bratlyn

Bratlyn New Member

Congrats on taking the first steps to becoming a parent.

With my son, I took muscle Relaxers (flexeril) & Vicodin throughout the pregnancy, as well as reflux meds, ambien at times and some migraine meds when my migraines acted up.

with my daughter, I still took my antidepressants (Zoloft ~ has MORE studies done on pregnant women) as well as my reflux meds too.

Make SURE you find a high risk doctor. That was my advice and I found one who was saying that the MOM had to function too for the sake of a healthy baby. So good luck PumpkinBear!

You might try: you can learn to track your cycles and meet other women with same problems.

Good luck!!! :)

6. goldengoddess

goldengoddess New Member

I'm going for it, and hopefully the pregnancy "remission" of symptoms lasts a few years. My mom had fibro and I remember times she was lagging, but it never really impacted me greatly. I completely understand terrified, I'm bipolar as well, so my list of meds is great: Lithium, Celexa, Ambien, Percocet, Flexeril. Lucky my lithium is out of my system in 24 hours or less, but the others I was a little worried about. My doctor said to quick taking them as soon as I think I may be pg.

We're getting married on the 4th of October, so we're going to start "trying" after that. Hopefully it makes me feel better quick!! Keep me posted on how your doing, we'll have to compare notes!
  7. hatbox121

hatbox121 New Member

With both pgs I went off all meds. I went into remission during both pgs though some of the normal pg discomforts were worse. After my daughter I got better until after I had my son which made it worse. I couldn't nurse so I don't know about that. My daughter had a metabolic disorder that prevented that. And YES YES it was worth it.