Pregnancy and CFS??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AquariusGirl, Apr 17, 2006.

1. AquariusGirl

AquariusGirl New Member

Does anyone know people who have had CFS and gotten pregnant? I'm just wondering b/c I'm 34 and want to
    have children--working on getting better but not sure
    when/if it will happen.

Just curious if I should close the door to that option
    or no?

Looking for opinions.

Thanks.
    Kelli
  2. jane32

jane32 New Member

I want children too. I heard mixed things. The one dr. told me that a girl that had cfs for three years got pregnant and she never was sick again! Woudln't that be nice.. I heard of others just being in remission and then I also heard of others being worse. I want kids but I do not want to be a sick mom either. It is a really tough situation!

If we do have kids I think we may just adopt that way we bypass the whole baby stage. I do not think my body could handle giving birth or living a sleep deprived life. I can barely handle my sleep now! I woudl also definitely need a nanny unless of course all of my symptoms just vanish one day:)

What are your trying to do to get better?[This Message was Edited on 04/17/2006]
  3. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

My son is is 10 weeks today and I have FM and CFS along with a few other things.

My FM got better throughout my pregnancy but for the most part my CFS didn't.

Good Luck.

kate