Pregnancy and chronic illness?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by advancewithcourage, Sep 26, 2003.

1. advancewithcourage

advancewithcourage New Member

I am in my first trimester of pregnancy and likely have CFS? Anyone been pregnant with CFS? How did it go? Did you get worse, better?

I know it was insane for me to get pregnant now, but I really did try to avoid it. This will be my 6th child and I am having trouble caring for the ones I have. I have been sick one year now.
  2. Dawn1

Dawn1 New Member

Hello! I have both CFS and fibro. I now have a 5 mth old girl, and was diagnosed about a year or more prior to the pregnancy. (I also have a 2 1/2 yr old. While I was pregnant, I felt wonderful! I only had a few weeks of achiness during sleeping, which Tylenol PM helped (that was suggested by my drs). I felt better than I had in a long time!

After having my baby, the first 8 weeks or so were honestly terrible because my baby had some medical problems, and therefore didn't sleep well, and I got very little sleep. (And you know how little sleep you get anyway with newborns!) I would suggest that you have someone stay with you if possible to help with the baby so that you do not lose so much sleep. In desperation, I had my sil come over and stay some late at night, so that I could get a full night's sleep. Once I had gotten regular sleep, I felt much better as far as achiness, brain fog, etc. I would love to say that I'm better than before the pregnancy health-wise, but I cannot. I'm still dragging along, but I'm managing to care for my two girls, and that's what's most important to me. Good luck, and take care!

Dawn