Pregnancy update on me!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by severina, Aug 31, 2002.

1. severina

severina New Member

Hello all. I havent been here for a few months, so I thought Id come along and see how you are all doing.I hope you are having a good day.
    I am now almost 14 weeks into my pregnancy. I have my first hospital appointment tomorrow, which I am trying not to think about just yet, its a bit scary!
    I have already had a scan at 8 weeks, since I had a bit of a scare,but everything was fine - so I cant wait to see how much the baby has changed in the past weeks.
    I am suffering quite a bit at the moment. My nausea is easing ever so slowly, but I have a bad throat infection and thrush in my mouth/throat, which is quite bad. I have been given Nystatin for this, which Ive had before. The usual aches and pains are there, but thankfully,not as bad. Every day I find something else to moan about.
    Anyway, any suggestions would be welcomed with the thrush thing and I look forward to hearing from you.
    take care.
    love
    Arlenex
  2. severina

severina New Member

Hello all. I havent been here for a few months, so I thought Id come along and see how you are all doing.I hope you are having a good day.
    I am now almost 14 weeks into my pregnancy. I have my first hospital appointment tomorrow, which I am trying not to think about just yet, its a bit scary!
    I have already had a scan at 8 weeks, since I had a bit of a scare,but everything was fine - so I cant wait to see how much the baby has changed in the past weeks.
    I am suffering quite a bit at the moment. My nausea is easing ever so slowly, but I have a bad throat infection and thrush in my mouth/throat, which is quite bad. I have been given Nystatin for this, which Ive had before. The usual aches and pains are there, but thankfully,not as bad. Every day I find something else to moan about.
    Anyway, any suggestions would be welcomed with the thrush thing and I look forward to hearing from you.
    take care.
    love
    Arlenex
  3. herblady

herblady New Member

hi hon. you have more of a tendency to get yeast infections when pregnant because of hormone changes. eat lots of plain yogurt, cut out sugar. a few drops of tea tree oil in a cup of water makes a good mouth rinse to keep it under control. nystatin is fine and harmless too. good luck! cindi
  4. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

Just wanted to say hi, congrats to your pregnancy, & I'll keep you in my thoughts & prayers.

Hope you feel better soon! Keep us posted on how you're doing. Best wishes, Michele
  5. mistyb

mistyb New Member

I know that you don't know me, but were you off of all of your meds when you conceived? Or do you still take any meds while pregnant? I would love to know how you are managing pain while being pregnant.

Looking forward to hearing from you

MB
  6. Shoobie

Shoobie New Member

Congratulations on your pregnancy and your upcoming marriage!

I just had 5 close friends who all had babies in the past couple of months. This is my favorite pregnancy website.
    http://www.pregnancyguideonline.com

Keep us posted~

-Shoobie
  7. Hippo

Hippo New Member

Hi, congratulations! Just wanted you to know that I have had 3 kids with CFS/FM and if you want to write to me, please feel free. The outside world doesn't know what we're talking about.

Hippo
  8. BlueMoon

BlueMoon New Member

You can do it! Just get lots of rest! You will need it!

Robin
    Any names yet?
  9. severina

severina New Member

So today I went for my first appointment - they have dated me 9 days more than the first scan!
    Making me 14 weeks and 4 days. It was a long haul today, I was at the hospital for 3 hours - but
    all you moms will know this already - its all new to me!
    Anyway things are ok at the moment, and baby was doing somersalts constantly!
    In answer to your question, I was planning to get pregnant, and if you read my previous posts
    I did stop my meds and went cold turkey(bad thing) for 3 months before I got pregnant and took
    folic only. It was very hard and I was quite ill, but its done with now.
    I am still having headaches, pain, numbness etc, and taking no meds is hard, but I am coping
    ok for the moment. I will keep you updated.
    Thanks all for your encouragement.
    love
    Arlene
  10. cioc1212

cioc1212 New Member

Hang in there! My 5th and 6th months were heaven.

Ask your OB if acidophilus is safe to take. It helped me a lot with the Yeast Beast
  11. dorothy

dorothy New Member

It has been a little while. Wow time flies. 14 weeks... woohoo! I'm glad you and baby are fine. Hopefully the morning sickness will subside for you very soon. I don't have much help to offer for the thrush, but I can sure wish you the best of everthing, and hope you get some relief soon. As someone else mentioned..... have you thought of any names yet.... Oh, that's sooo exciting!

please let us know.

P.S. I found my grandmother's birthdate. I got her death certificate from Vital records in New York. We now know her birth and death date as well as her father and mother's name. All in Belfast. e-mail me, I'll give you the info.... you may know of some relatives. I would love to find out.
    Soft Hugs
    Dorothy
    [This Message was Edited on 10/14/2002]
  12. allie2

allie2 New Member

I was pregnant and constantly nautious and vomititng. I tried some pills called NO QWEEZ that helped a lot. You can find them at most local grocery stores and pharmacies. The pills come in a green, red, and brown box.

Congrats and good luck
    *allie*
    [This Message was Edited on 09/07/2002]
  13. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Wondered how you were doing. Glad to hear its not too bad.

Lots of the young ladies here will be waiting to hear how it is going with you!

You take care, and keep us updated. All the best to you with a lot of good thoughts and blessings too.

Shalom, Shirl

[ advertisement ]