Pregnancy vs. Fibromyalgia ... which will win???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ArtTeacher, Nov 30, 2002.

1. ArtTeacher

ArtTeacher New Member

Is there anyone out there who had been diagnosed w/ FM and then chose to have a family. I'm 26 and have been livin' life with FM for over 5 years but I was finally dianosed in August. Some people say that they've heard that during pregnancy symptoms were relieved but came back a couple months after giving birth. My husband and I have only been married a year and don't plan to start a family for another 4 years so I have time but I am very curious to what I will be possibly going through in 4 years.
    Thanks[This Message was Edited on 12/01/2002]
  2. ArtTeacher

ArtTeacher New Member

Is there anyone out there who had been diagnosed w/ FM and then chose to have a family. I'm 26 and have been livin' life with FM for over 5 years but I was finally dianosed in August. Some people say that they've heard that during pregnancy symptoms were relieved but came back a couple months after giving birth. My husband and I have only been married a year and don't plan to start a family for another 4 years so I have time but I am very curious to what I will be possibly going through in 4 years.
    Thanks[This Message was Edited on 12/01/2002]
  3. Hippo

Hippo New Member

I had two pregnancies, at 36 and 40. The last one was a twin pregnancy. I felt somewhat worse during the pregnancies, but survived. My kids are now 13, 9 and 9. Even though it has been very very tough taking care of them, especially since my husband dumped me earlier this year, I am glad I had them. Being disabled and divorced is very depressing, and am so grateful for the love and liveliness of my little ones. Good luck to you.

Hippo