Pregnant with Fibro

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Missabelle, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Missabelle

Missabelle New Member

I need words of encouragement, support, anything I can get!! I was diagnosed with Fibro after my second child Ben was born (cutest boy in the world!!). I am now pregnant again and just absolutely miserable. I ache all over, I am so tired and I just feel that I am not enjoying this pregnancy as much. I am absolutely thrilled to be pregnant and love this little baby so much but I am just so MISERABLE!!! And Im not one to complain (believe it or not). I also feel like I am taking away from my son, who is just so sweet and understanding. Any good remedies or suggestions??
  2. SherylD

SherylD Guest

I was miserable with my second PG...I was really sick...Hurt everywhere and soooo tired..I could hardly do anything..And any smell just killed me..

Now that I look back on it..I think I had a serious yeast issue...I craved sugar sooo bad..That is all I would eat is sweets..

My advice to you is to just take it easy...You can lay on the floor with your kids and play little games or put in a movie...draw a picture..Easy stuff..

You need to sleep as much as you can...Eat regularly(healthy stuff)...And drink tons of water...And don't eat any sugar or sweets...

These are the things I wished I would've know when I was pg..I think I would've felt a ton better..

I know exactly how you feel...It is hard..And I don't know how old your other kids are..but I had a son that was 3 at the time...I can remember just laying around with him...Or letting him play outside while I layed in a lawn chair..They were shocked at how tan I was when I went in to have my daughter...LOL

I will keep my fingers crossed that you feel better real soon...

SherylD

3. Missabelle

Missabelle New Member

Thank you sheryld. Good advice!! My son is also 3 (4 april 30th). He is very understanding. I just feel like a beached whale all the time. And mentally I am alert and anxious (sometimes!!) so I am getting extremely bored. Crazy having fibro isnt it? Thank you so much for your advice.
  4. ma2alex

ma2alex New Member

When I was pregnant, I was so nauseated that I couldn't for 2 straight weeks. My OB put me on Zofran. Amazingly, my fibro improved (even though the nausea continued). I recently read some research that said there was a significant inmprovement in fibro symptoms in pts who took Zofran. Who knew? The main reason it is not used more is that it is extremely constipating, which I will tell you was a big isue for me while taking it. It is pregnancy catagory B, so it is very safe for babe. I took it my entire pregnancy and my little guy came out very healthy. Might be worth a try. In fact, my fibro was never better than when I was pregnant.
    Dawn
  5. mgmarble

mgmarble New Member

I can sympathize with you, I am also pregnant 7 months along and I am miserable too. I get jealouse when I read people go into remission, cause it is not happenng to me, I was actually pain free for awhile when I got pregnant. I can't tell you anything that can help cause I am still figuring it out myself but I can be here if you need vent! Gin
  6. Mamalovinit

Mamalovinit New Member

I am also pregnant and hurting. I normally go almost pain free during pregnancy. I am only 7 weeks though and figure things will get better.

I have 7 kids ranging from 13 to 3 years old.

I found that going to the library and getting books is nice. Sometimes I can even read a book I like while my little one looks at his stuff. lol Other times I look with him or read to him.

To day I let him run his cars all over me. He was using me for his road and I was acting like it tickled. He had so much fun and all I had to do was lay there and laugh.

Kids don't care what you do with them as long as they are loved and get some attention.

I know what you mean about the pain. I hurt and can't figure out if it is pain to worry about or just the fibro. I am on rest because of past miscarriages and we are trying to keep this one safe. I can't tell if I am cramping or hurting with the fibro. If I have over done and have hurt the baby or if my fibro is bothering me. Very frustrating I must say.

I hope you find things to make the time go by fast and let you enjoy it too.

M