Pregnant with Fibromyalgia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pregwfms, Jan 21, 2009.

1. pregwfms

pregwfms New Member

Any advice? I am 7 weeks pregnant and have had fibro for about five years. I am in a really intense flair up GRRR. I finally have started to find things that started to work for me, but now they are unsafe to take while pregnant. I am so frustrated and really just want to cry. I havent slept but 2-3 hours at a time since being off my meds. I havent seen my ob yet, not until the 28th of this month. Any advice on meds I can ask for that may be safe for my baby?
    Help. Iam so depressed and hurting all the time. This is supposed to be a happy time....
  2. PainPainGoAway

PainPainGoAway New Member

I will bump up my "old" post on my experience w/ my pregnancies, and perhaps you can get something out of it.

Tylenol is about the only safe drug you can take (sparingly) this early unless your doctor tells you otherwise. I understand your situation soooooooo well, as sleep was hard for me.

You do have to be careful about natural supplements, herbs etc but I'm sure there is a lot of help out there. I used to use a combination specifically for pregnancy (essential oils)-- the name of the company or oils escapes me but it came from Canada. Maybe a bit of research can help you. Lavendar (I'm allergic) is sleep inducing, maybe you can ask your doctor about that.
    I'll bump my old post.
    Hang in there...and take good care of the two (or more, lol) of you!!!
  3. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Please read my posts. I have had FM for over 20 years. Today I got Igenex western blot results that show I have lyme disease.....for over 20 years!

You must read the info I suggested in my recent posts. Click on my screen name and then go to the drop down menu to find my posts on the FM board. Read the ones I have posted recently.

Many people with FM or CFS are finding out years later that they have lyme.
  4. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Who normally treats you? Why don't you call your regular doctor and ask what you can take until you can get into see your OB? They will generally know what is safe and what is not.
    I don't know what you were taking, but sometimes going off things cold turkey is not the way to go - you should talk to your doctor about it- whatever Dr. you can reach.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!