pregnate and fm/cfs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tabykhat, Aug 23, 2003.

1. tabykhat

tabykhat New Member

I was just wondering if anybody here has been pregnate with fm/cfs before? And if so they took to help deal with the pain and fatigue?
  2. Pindooca

Pindooca New Member

When I was pregnant in 1997, my symptoms went away for the most part. It's almost like having a little person inside me helped fight off the Fibro. I did get tired, but no more so than any other pregnant woman.

My Fibro symptoms returned shortly after his birth :(

There are very few pain medication doctors will allow when you are pregnant. I think I recall Tylenol being allowed... but definately ask your doctor, not us.
  3. Hippo

Hippo New Member

I was pregnant twice with CFS/FM and I got worse. I took Tylenol and I was allowed to take Unisom for sleep. Good luck.

Hippo
  4. lease79

lease79 New Member

I have suffered from cfs/fms during all my pregnancies & unfortunately for me my symptoms flared up during these times.
    The only medication I have been allowed to take whilst pg was an extremely low dose of diazzapam, & even then I had to have it out of my system well before the baby was born.
    ~*GOODLUCK*~ with your pregnancy.

Lease
  5. ramos

ramos New Member

Hi tabykhat! I am currently pregnant -- 16 weeks and also had a baby 15 months ago. Both pregnancies I had CFS, but my symptoms subsided. Unfortunately, after the birth of my first child, my CFS intensified and I still have not recovered. As for pain, you can take Tylenol. I also use a heating pad and take Epsom Salt baths. Hope this helps. Good luck! Ramos
  6. dontlikeliver

dontlikeliver New Member

with being pregnant in 1995 is that my CFS seemed to vanish. Slowly "weird sx" crept slowly back when my daughter was a year to a year and a half. But, things werent too persistent or noticeable until 1999, when after 2 miscarriages the CFS got noticeably worse.

Are there any statistics on this because I'd also like to know what my chances are of getting worse/staying same/or getting better after (IF I can manage to get pregnant) another pregnancy/childbirth. Perhaps I'm mad to even think about it.

On my good days I think I will be OK to do it, on my not so good or bad days I think I must be crazy to think about it.

[ advertisement ]