PreOp appts. yesterday....Doc says NO Cancer

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by achy, Aug 15, 2006.

1. achy

achy New Member

I cannot express how thankful I am to all of you for your prayers and support. I can feel your arms around me and holding me up!!

I had my pre-op appts. yesterday, blood, chest x-ray, ekg, and met with my Gyno. The news is good so far!!!!!!!!! :))

All the tests she did were normal!! She does not think I have cancer!! I told her how her nurse scared me when she set up my surgery date - saying my tests were borderline & having the oncologist on standby for my surgery. Doc said she didn't know why she did that....She always has the Oncolo. there, just in case!!! Whatever. I just let it drop..the no cancer was all I cared about!!!

The only thing left is having the second mamogram Thursday - my gyno didn't feel anything yesterday (said you don't always feel thickening - that's why mamo's are so important) She agreed I needed a followup mamo AND an ultrasound just to make sure.....She said if it were something, we'd deal with it while I'm in hospital.

So foreseeing any probs. w/ test results I have surgery on Monday @ 7am. Thank you lord for the 1st one of the day!

So, I breating a sigh of relief - the worst is hopefully over - I'll keep ya posted.

I can't thank YOU enough for being here for me. My family are miles away and no close friends in this little cuntry town, so having ya'll really helps.

God Bless and warm fuzzies
    achy
  2. suzetal

suzetal New Member

That is good news.

Going to say a little prayer that the rest go as well.

Take care.
    Hugs>>>FOR EVERY DAY A NEW DAWN WILL COME>>>>Sue
  3. Marta608

Marta608 Member

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Marta
  4. kjfms

kjfms Member

I just wanted to wish you the best luck with your surgery and a quick recovery.

It sounds like your physician it on top of every thing and looking out for you that is great.

Sending you good thoughts,

Karen :)
  5. darvick

darvick New Member

I'm really happy for you. Now you can concentrate on the hysto and get through it without extra worry.

HUGS
    Darlene
  6. ruby711

ruby711 New Member

Glad to hear the good news. It is not uncommon for some medical people to scare you, so just keep thinking you are okay until the evidence is really clear. A friend of mine was told she had uterine ca when she did not. So question everything even when test is postive for something.

My hysterectomy went well, and I do well on HRT. Good luck with everything.

ruby
  7. sisland

sisland New Member

Achy

What a load off your mind!! I'm so so glad that it's all turning out ok so far!! Is it just me or does anyone eles think that sometimes Med Professionals Give us extra stuff to worry about??.........................................................just a thought!! >............Sounds Like you Have a great Great Dr. though!
  8. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

achy:

You are doing so well. Consider me one of the people keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

I am on a 'cancer watch' and know that vigilance is needed.
    You sound like you are getting very good medical care.

Bless.

((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

nyrofan
  9. kriket

kriket New Member

I am happy that your results turned out negative. I know that you must be relieved and happy about that!!!!

Best Wishes

Kriket
  10. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

So very happy for you now get well! Love Anne Cromwell
  11. pam_d

pam_d New Member

That cancer dx is never an easy one...so I'm glad your doctor was able to give you good news!

I'm glad the worst is over for you...keep us posted!

Hugs,
    Pam
  12. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

Happy Hugs and Kisses for you!!!!

Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for a quick and speedy recovery!!

Tami
  13. achy

achy New Member

I feel like a huge weight was taken off my shoulders!!! And for some reason the breast thing doesn't worry me...odd huh?

YOur prayers are working and I am soooo thankful.
    warm fuzzies
    achy

LOL Carlene, if you read this, I live North of Pensacola, almost to the Alabama state line. The closest town is Century...one stop light, a piggly wiggly and CVS. THese type on country folk don't let you in unless your born here or marry someone who was!! We are constantly reminded
    "well, you ain't from here"...even though we've lived here 6 yrs. We have to live here for DH work. He's assigned to the fire tower here...he's Smoky Bear. lol lol lol
  14. oohh achy,im so very happy to hear your good news,ill consider my prayer for you was answered thank god,and im now praying that all goes well for you with the other tests,i feel sure it will,as god,and your friends here,are smiling on you.consider yourself well and truly hugged from across the sea in the uk...yep my arms are long and stretchy haha.

god bless

fran