Preparing Mentally for the Day..Need Everyones Support

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by StephieBee, Aug 3, 2006.

1. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

Well as some of you may have read, a woman I work with, a woman who claims to be my "friend" stole pain meds from my purse and they have her on tape doing it. There is a camera on my reception desk and I asked if they could review it when I fould out the pills went missing. And I was right...there she was on tape.

I am trying desperately to prepare myself for today. Management is going to confront her today and Im sure she will have something to say to me after this.

I know she will deny it because she has become addicted and only uses them recreationally.

I dont understand why I am letting this get to me. I should not be acting like the coward because SHE'S the coward.

I just do not want to start trouble at work. They actually thanked me for coming forward.

And BTW if you are wondering, there is absolutely no way I can phyisically avoid her today. She walks by my desk all of the time, and she is scheduled to watch toe phones for my lunch break, so she will be at my desk again.

They will be confronting her before lunch time, so I dont think she would dare try anything. She knew there was a camera on my desk when she did this.

I am hurt, and feel betrayed. I also do feel bad for this woman because I have dealt closely with friends who have become drug addicts. I want her to get help. I just hope she takes it. But I really do believe she will deny anything they say to her, because she is controlled by the drugs.

I need all of your strength today to get me though this mess. I cannot wait until it is over.

Hugs,
    Stephanie
    [This Message was Edited on 08/04/2006]
  2. pammy52

pammy52 New Member

What a horrible situation.

I will be keeping you in my thoughts today.
    Thank God that the act was caught on tape. At least you are completely validated in this situation.

Hopefully she will have enough sense to apologize and leave it at that.
    If she gives you a hard time try not to get caught up in it.
    I would tell her that I was worried about her but that doesn't excuse what she did and if she feels as though you are making things difficult for her then she needs to see about being given a diff. position.
    Remind her it is all on tape.

Since management knows what she did, they should back you all the way and not let her create a hostile atmosphere.

Best of luck.
    Let us know how it went.

Hugs, Pammy
  3. toughone

toughone New Member

I don't like confrontation, either. But remember:
    You are the victim here--she stole something from you. And it wasn't just your lunch or a pencil from your desk--it was your medication. Medication that you need, that was prescribed from your doctor. She didn't give one thought to the fact that you might suffer because of her actions--I realize she has an addiction problem, but this doesn't excuse her for what she did--she still knows what she did was WRONG.

So you go in to work this morning with your head held high--you did what was right and because of that, you did her a favor. Hopefully, this will be her turning point and show her she needs help.

I'm with you all day, Stephanie...Let us know how it went.

Bonny
  4. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

Im here at work now. She hasnt come in yet.

I talked to HR and they said they will make sure she does not confront me.

And if she denies it, they will still be able "to take care of it" That HR's words.

I just have no words for the emotions I am feeling right now.
  5. toughone

toughone New Member

We're behind you...
  6. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Wow, what am aqkward (sp?) situation. Just take a couple deep breaths and remember you did nothing wrong. I hate confrontations and stuff too. I'll keep you in my prayers today.
  7. kjfms

kjfms Member

So sorry you have had to go through this. Please listen to HR they are dead on in this case. It is their job to handle these types of situations.

Do not say anything to her. Like someone else said keep you head held high you did nothing wrong.

Congratulations to you for taking action on this. You should be very proud of you!!!! :)

I am sending you all of my good thoughts today-hang in there I am sure HR will do what is best to keep the peace.

Just wondering-what is your company's policy on stealing? Most companies do not tolerate it and have it as grounds for immediate dismissal.

Take care of you,

Karen :)
  8. optimistic1

optimistic1 New Member

Dear Stephie,

What an uncomfortable situation. You are the victim here, not your coworker. This will be one of the best things that has happened to her. I am referring just to her taking these meds. She needs help and God has brought her to this point.
    I'm sorry you are involved, I would't even get drawn into any conversation with her. Remember its the meds that are speaking for her and the pictures are speaking for you.

I'm thinking of you today and praying all will go well. If it had been the company I have worked for they would let her go immediately.

Much love and best of luck,

Arlene
    [This Message was Edited on 08/04/2006]
  9. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Camera on your desk? she knew ? She wants caught and doesnt know what to do .
  10. KelB

KelB New Member

She wants to be caught. That was the first thing I thought as well, when I read that she knew there was a camera on your desk.

Either way, you are the victim and you have actually done her a huge favour. Sounds like your HR department are being supportive, so don't forget to involve them at any sign of trouble, no matter how small.

All the best to you, Stephie.
  11. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

Your support has been a tremendous help to me.

I posted an update on the situation in a seperate thread.

She was ordered not to talk to me, so that was a huge relief!

She was given the choice to get help or lose her job.