prescription doesn't work do you have to go back to the dr. or

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Ellieneiva, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Ellieneiva

Ellieneiva New Member

Was wondering if anyone has been able to call the doctor and explain the medicine that she or he gave isn't working and if they can just give a new prescription without an office visit.
  2. ETN

ETN New Member

I have a good relationship with most of my dr's so I wouldn't hesistate to tell them that it didn't work..and call them or email them. I have one dr I can email and it's wonderful! She is always so prompt in getting back to me.

I think that if you don't know your dr too well you should probably just call the office and ask them what they think..

Good luck
  3. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

It depends on what medication it is. Antidepressants, mild naroctic pain pills { T3. Lortab 10, Vicodan}can be called in . Accourding to my pain doctor some pain meds can be called in but if it is some thing that is a strong pain med such as Perocet 5,10 and others can't be called in as they are in a differnt class of pain medications.

It really depends on the medication and what it is for. I would call and tell the doctor and let them tell you if you need to come in or not.

Rosemarie