Prescription Drug & Herbal Interactions - Great Site!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TwinMa, Nov 18, 2005.

1. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I found a very interesting web site which lists prescription drug and herbal interactions.

The thing that is different about this site is that you can enter several drugs and/or herbal remedies and see how they interact with each other.

I entered six things, and it came up with three potential interactions. One I was aware of, but the other two were new to me. One was that grapefruit juice may interact with estradiol. I don't drink grapefruit juice, but it's good to know!

It also tells whether the interaction is well-documented or poorly documented and whether it is minor, moderate or major in severity.

Google Drug Digest and it will be the first listing to come up. The main page will come up and you just need to select Check Interactions.

I saw Grape Seed and Echinacea and other herbs listed, as well as every prescription drug you could think of.

You can also do a side by side comparison of side effects between similar drugs.

Check it out!! Very Interesting!

Katy
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I've been looking for this kind of site too.

I can put my mind at rest about some things or stop taking them if necessary.

love
    Rosie
  3. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I'm really liking this site! Again, it is Drug Digest. And it is a dot org, not a dot com.

If you look in their Drug Library, you will be able to select Drugs & Vitamins as well as Common Herbs & Supplements. There are TONS of herbs listed, along with questions like:

Who is this for?
    When should I be careful taking it?
    What side effects should I watch for?
    What interactions should I watch for?
    Should I take it?
    References

See if this site holds up to your scrutiny, or if I'm being excited just because I'm easily excited.

Katy

[This Message was Edited on 11/19/2005]
  4. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

It sounds good.I just mentioned about supplements etc. interacting with certain meds.Linda
  5. granny1353

granny1353 New Member

that is a great site, right now to tired to check to much but I put in my favorites.

Thanks again
    Granny
  6. peachbunnee

peachbunnee New Member

peachbunnee :)