Prescription Medications

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by marinemom, Oct 18, 2002.

1. marinemom

marinemom New Member

Hello everybody.

Hope all are well, or atleast able to get out of bed!

I have a question. Some time back I saw a post, or several of them referring to ordering your meds online. I can't find those now and I've tried everything that my foggy brain can think of! =)

Are these overseas "pharmacies" reliable? I found one that was extremely cheap in some of the meds that I am now taking.

Any info will help.

Hugs to all
    Kathy
  2. marinemom

marinemom New Member

Hello everybody.

Hope all are well, or atleast able to get out of bed!

I have a question. Some time back I saw a post, or several of them referring to ordering your meds online. I can't find those now and I've tried everything that my foggy brain can think of! =)

Are these overseas "pharmacies" reliable? I found one that was extremely cheap in some of the meds that I am now taking.

Any info will help.

Hugs to all
    Kathy
  3. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

I have just begun looking at those too, Kathy. What I have come across the most, in my search on the web, is companies that sell a LIST of overseas pharmacies. They promise that these pharmacies can make good on any meds, no prescription is neccessary, but then in small print there is usually a disclaimer. Not only that, I would be hesitant to put my credit card number, etc. on the order form, or give it over the telephone, to one of these overseas pharmacies.
    I did find one online pharmacy in the US, who have a medical representative come to your house, take a client history,and physical, and report back to a physician, thus getting a prescription for you. At first glance this looked like with the consultation fee, and the cost of the meds, it was high. But then I started adding up my Doctors appointments, time and money commuting, the expensive supplements I have to buy, if I want to remain a patient there, and the cost wasn't so bad. Plus, I would feel so much better dealing with a US Company, so if there was any fraud involved, I would at least have a chance of remedying it. Also I did find numerous American websites that would prescribe Tramadol, but only one that would prescribe opiods. If you want to look at this site just type (Edited to remove URL) Karen
  4. BonBons

BonBons New Member

I wanted to thank you for your advice yesterday concerning free meds. I'll try it, since even when I had insurance my co-pay was almost as much as the mortgage. My Dad was a Marine, semper fidelis and Peace to you...BonBons
  5. maryingeorgia

maryingeorgia New Member

Is it ok to discuss? Or if not e-mail each other about it?

I need some advice/and can also give some too if needed.

Thanks,
    Mary