Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by WILDWOODWINE, Jan 3, 2007.

I belong to AAA and saw this short article in it's latest travel magazine..thought some of you might be interested.

"Save as much as 15 percent on prescribed brand-name medicines and up to 35 percent on generics by showing your AAA card at any of 600 participating pharmacies in Northern California, Nevada and Utah. The AAA Prescription Savings plan is good for any medicine not covered by private insurance. Participants include Costco, Rite Aid, Walgreens, Target, and others. This offer cannot be used in combination with any other non-Medicare insurance plan. For details and a list of participating pharmacies, visit".

Since I don't have a prescription plan, I used my AAA card for the first time yesterday at Costco. I saved almost $40 on my B/P medication.

I don't know what other states offer that are like AAA, but, it might be worth investigating..they may offer a similar plan.

2. blueski31717

blueski31717 New Member

I have AAA but also work for a hospital too so most of my meds are only $5 apiece also I get insurance there too. But that is a good deal on it if you don't have the coverage thanks for sharing.