Presents? Did you get what you wanted?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sisland, Dec 26, 2006.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

Hello Everyone!

Just checking to see if you all got what you ask for for christmas?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I Know it's materialistic, But it's also very fun to open thoes pretty presents! I got some neat little things! A super charged Dirt Devil Dust Buster! Bought myself a new Juicer!

A really pretty Chinenes (sp) Tea set, a Johnny Cash Cd set , a candle warmer, and The most wonderful Gift of all was to Have my Girls Home for the Holiday! Oh yeah and some Chocolate,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hugs,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,S
  2. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I'm still sick...darn it. I have my family and that is all I need. hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.

Love to all, Ann
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

new pyjamas to cheer me up.....2 tops, jacket, scarf, loads of chocolates.....

Great day with my family - I overindulged and will 'pay the price' but hopefully not til after New Year, Hogmonay.

4. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

and no. But the Yes's outweight the No's :)

I got me a sewing machine! Now...if only I could quit feeling sick for a few days so I can open it and learn to use it...
  5. happycanuk

happycanuk New Member

Had a great Christmas. I was needing the excitement of my gkids to get into the spirit of Christmas. We went to my daughters on 23 Dec. and my son lives just a couple blocks away from her. The gkids did it!! Had Christmas Eve (Scandinavian) at my daughters, and then had Christmas Day at my sons. Lots of family and visiting. Presents were great as well. My smallest gdaughter is just 7 months so it is "firsts" for her. She loved the lights and the dancing santas.

Now the best part is, I have my oldest gdaughter (8) staying with us this week. That is something we always enjoy.
  6. joyfully

joyfully New Member

Hi. I got everything that I wanted and they were all the right sizes. Know how???? I bought it all myself! Ha, ha.

My hubby was out of town on business, so I did my own Christmas shopping for me from him. He was so relieved when he got back in town just days before Christmas. I had everything wrapped and ready to go.

I would shake the box and say, I wonder what this is-----

My son would roll his eyes, and my hubby would just snicker.

I'd say, "Gee, could it possibly be that nice thick dark green coat that I saw at Dillards? " When I'd open the package, I'd say, "IT IS! IT IS! How did you know that is what I wanted!"

I did this for every present that I opened. I think they got a little bored with my routine after awhile. My dog had fun running around with the bows.
  7. sisland

sisland New Member

Pretty well! The older i get the less presents i want!! I Got to Have the company of My Girls and My son inlaws sister and Her Baby 1 year old Tommorow!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,That was the Most fun !! His name is Kyler and He looks just like charlie Brown! So cute!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Him and i played tug of war with his Blanket (yeah I Know!) i'm reverting back to childhood! lollol!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,And we danced and sang Christmas carols on Christmas eve it was alot of fun!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Thanks for all your wonderful replies! Giving to charity is a Great Idea Georgia! I'll have to remember that for next year! A New Sewing machine Nerdiduck! (i Think my old one is wearing out!)Lol Lol
    happycanuk ~~ So Neat to Have Grand Kids around to make us Feel Great again! A Baby of any sort Does it for me!!
    Joyfully ~~~~~~~~~~~Sounds like a Great Plan to pretend you don't know what's in those Boxes! (Wink Wink)!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Fun Fun ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Sydney
    [This Message was Edited on 12/27/2006]
  8. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Your right, now that I have kids, I don't care too much about presents for me. I love watching them open theirs! My husband did surprise me with a beautiful topaz bracelet. I was not expecting it, so nice and thoughtful! And I definitely ate too much chocolate! :) Kim
  9. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

OF COURSE!!!!

My husband HATES to shop. I buy my own gifts. He did venture into Kmart for a mixer for me. I needed one bad.
  10. mindbender

mindbender New Member

from my wife, then she left me
  11. littlebrownwren

littlebrownwren New Member

Bought myself some of my favorite PJ's and told my hubby they were from him and put them under the tree.

New earrings with my birthstone. A new canon printer that does all kind of stuff. My old one sounds like a freight train coming down the tracks, LOL "AND" some new olay stuff that I have been wanting but kept passing it by because it's a bit pricy.

Sis got me a beautiful lamp to go with my new LR sofa.
    Sofa wasn't a gift, just badly needed.

Bro. gift cert from Hobby Lobby. Yea

Lots of new candles , wich I needed badly. I was down to my last one. All my favorite flavors.

Sis got me several pieces of travel bags. Not luggage but the kind for week end trips, also badly needed. Mine was SOOOO old.

Daughter got me a decorative 5 foot high display easel.
    really wanted that for a long time.

Son got me a gift card to my local dress shop. Saving that thing until spring clothes get in.

Several gift cards to local restaurants we go to.

Memory foam house shoes.[grandson]

Can't think of the rest.

I know it was way more that I deserve.I know I am blessed.

Hubby is thinking of retirement next year so next year might be skinny. I'll enjoy my blessings while I can.

I know there are those on here who were not as blessed and if it were in my power I would have had them all here with me. I would have been delighted to share. Except you can't have my OLAY> LOL

Almost for the most important thing.

My house was full of people. I had tables in my kit, den and living room , to make room for them all.

I listened as all the voices rose nad flowed and teared up at the thought that they were all here with me.

I'm 60 and life dictates that it can't keep happening, that someone will be missing next year. So I am truly blessed beyond measure.

[This Message was Edited on 12/29/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 01/16/2007]
  12. sisland

sisland New Member

Replies! Some Happy and some not so Happy! Fight i'm like you (don't exspect much!)

Pottersclay~~~~~That's the way to do it! Get what you want! and tell Hubby What he got you!,,,,,Although a new mixer must be nice!

mamapepp: Time with our family's seems to top the list! i realize that there is nothing as important as this!

Mindbender: Do you think things can be worked out with your wife? Wow sorry to Hear the news! But sometimes after alittle space apart some things will work out! Hope so!

Wren: wow sounds like you Had a wonderful Christmas! I can feel the love you have for your family in your post! it's priceless if you know what i mean! Bless you!,,,,,,,,,,,S
    [This Message was Edited on 12/29/2006]
  13. mindbender

mindbender New Member

I'm worried about nerdie, she's to young for all this.

I'll pray to God that this girl get's relief.

I'll do it now. Please God don't let this child suffer from here on out. I know I'm a lowly servant, but I beg you Father.

Love your son Dan
  14. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I had a lovely Christmas this year. Both sons (aged 27 & 30) were able to come home for the holiday and seeing them both (at the same time) is a rare thing (we all live in different cities and most times have conflicting schedules). Being in their presence was my favourite gift.

My sweetie gave me a lovely pair of opera glasses. Now we just need to order theatre tickets (we're thinking Phantom of the Opera and Merchant of Venice).

I received a nice assortment of gifts from friends & family including: organic coffee, houseplants, blanket, necklace, earing's, assorted jams and jellies, baked goods, decorative glass flower and a lovely hand-knitted toque.

Wishing each of you a Happy New Year with blessings abundant in 2007!

God Bless
  15. sisland

sisland New Member

Bender aka Dan! I totaly agree with you about Nerdie! and i will pray also!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I Pray like you do! Father Please Help Me!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,He will Help You!,,,,,,,,,,,Keep the Faith! That's the only thing that Has gotten Me this far in life!,,,,,,,,S

Ann~~~~ Hi! So Glad to Hear your sons were with you (both at the same time!),,,,,,,,,,,,,I would Love to see an opera or a Ballet someday! Hope you get to Go!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Bless You in the New Year!,,,,,,,,,,,Sisland