Pressure behind eyes and lightheadedness

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by meowchowchow, Aug 10, 2004.

1. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

This is wierd, but does anyone get this? My left eye feels a lot of pressure, I'm guessing it's sinuses, but I feel lightheaded so often, not exactly dizzy but just lightheaded enough to feel wierd and be scared.

I feel kinda detached, like I'm in a cloud. It's very hard to describe. Am i alone?

Thanks,
    meow
  2. snickers1

snickers1 New Member

Meow,

You are not alone. I am dizzy and lightheaded all the time and I have migraines. I feel like I'm in some other world most of the time. It is a very wierd feeling and it's really bad when I look up or to the side.

Not sure what's the cause, but I have a sneaky feeling it's some of the meds.

Bobbie
  3. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

i take lexapro and wondered if that was it.

i was wondering, have you asked your doctor about the lightheadeedness?

just wondering...

thanks,'meow
  4. Lendi

Lendi New Member

Have you had your blood pressure checked? Mine went down too low with some anti-depressants and I feel that way. Just a thought.
  5. stagename

stagename New Member

or migraine equivalent?
  6. mararose1959

mararose1959 Guest

i was at the doctors today. mentioned to him that i was light headed and seeing sparkles all over the walls. i was in due to excessive bleeding.... and a hysterectomy is needed. went to ck out and asked for some juice, by the time i got it i had fainted... i could hear everything that was being said...but could not get my body and my brain to connect...it was very scary and no one seemed to think that this was a "problem"... i finally came to after a couple of hours was given some juice and sent on my way... my head still feels pressurized and i am still light headed. i have severe fms, take a lot of meds, and tend to feel this way when i am '"pushed over the edge" with stressors. any advice?
  7. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

I don't think tumor because I just had an MRI in April. Neuro says everything is okay.
  8. acuario

acuario New Member

hi, meow. me too I have the same symptos, but am not sure if the pressure is in my eyes, it feels in my forhead and nose, at night its worst. it feels like something sharp is pointing toward my forehead or eyes, and I have to put my hand in my forhead so I can sleep. I still dont know why, and I feel always lightheaded, more than five years. hope you all get well.
  9. acuario

acuario New Member

hi, meow. me too I have the same symptos, but am not sure if the pressure is in my eyes, it feels in my forhead and nose, at night its worst. it feels like something sharp is pointing toward my forehead or eyes, and I have to put my hand in my forhead so I can sleep. I still dont know why, and I feel always lightheaded, more than five years. hope you all get well.
  10. lease79

lease79 New Member

I get this too, & if I actually press lightly on my eyes when they're shut, they hurt bad :( I get lots of dizziness & visual disturbance.
    I think that for me it's a type of headache. I've had CT's MRI's & everything came back normal, so for me I'm pretty sure it's the cfs/fms.

Lease
  11. lease79

lease79 New Member

I get this too, & if I actually press lightly on my eyes when they're shut, they hurt bad :( I get lots of dizziness & visual disturbance.
    I think that for me it's a type of headache. I've had CT's MRI's & everything came back normal, so for me I'm pretty sure it's the cfs/fms.

Lease
  12. Jillmom23

Jillmom23 New Member

I get the left eye pain alot plus the dizziness. My neurologist says that it's migraines. He put me on neurontin & it has got alot better. For awhile the pain behind my left eye was almost constant. But I am still trying to figure out the dizziness. I feel fine for awhile & then I start getting dizzy again.
  13. Jillmom23

Jillmom23 New Member

I get the left eye pain alot plus the dizziness. My neurologist says that it's migraines. He put me on neurontin & it has got alot better. For awhile the pain behind my left eye was almost constant. But I am still trying to figure out the dizziness. I feel fine for awhile & then I start getting dizzy again.
  14. Hucklehound

Hucklehound Member

I have this wierd thing that when any pressure is put on my left eye, I get lightheaded. I do have allergies and sinusitis, and have been knocked into a dresser once on that side. It happens sometimes on the right side, but not a lot.