Pressure in face

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Andrew111, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Andrew111

Andrew111 Member

Ever since my CFS started (more than a year ago), I have also been feeling pressure in my face. And recently, a scan showed I have infection in my sinuses and mastoid bone of the left ear. So maybe this pressure feeling is my sinuses.

But here is the odd thing. Up until recently I only felt this pressure when I was standing. More recently, I also feel it while sitting. But if I lie down for awhile, it goes away. And there also seems to be pressure and aching in my legs that happens at the same time.

The leg thing makes sense, because maybe the blood pooling there when I sit or stand. But I have no idea why I would feel pressure in my face. Unless is a feeling caused by absence of blood? Because I also get a little spaced out along with this.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Or has anyone heard of anything like this?
  2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

some of the posts here on orthostatic intolerance......I think I got that right. I don't claim to know what you've got, but check and see if that sounds familiar. Good luck....
  3. charlenef

charlenef New Member

DO YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH YOUR JAW? IHAVE TMJ AS PART OF MT CHRONIC MYOFASCAIL PAIN BODY WIDE IT SEEMS LIKE YOU COULD BE HAVING THIS IN YOU LEGS ALSO IF YOU DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT IT LOOK AT SOME OF HAYLEYCOLES POSTS OR GOOGLE IT FOR MORE INFO MINE IS SO BAD IT PULLS MY EYES GOOD LUCK CHARLENE
  4. Andrew111

Andrew111 Member

Hi Alaska. I've read several articles about Orthostatic Intolerance, but I've yet to see the issue of pressure in the face. But I will follow your suggestion and start searching the messages here. Thanks for the tip.
  5. Andrew111

Andrew111 Member

Hi Charlenef. I looked up TMJ but I don't seem to have the symptoms for that. What is odd, though, is I really don't have the textbook set of symptoms for mastoid bone infection. But it shows on a CT scan and was diagnosed that way.

Anyway, I'll pay more attention to the symptom pattern and see if it might involve the jaw.
  6. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

Hi Andrew,

I just posted a bit about mitral valve prolapse syndrome/dystautonomia. This is what I have and I experience a lot of pressure in my face.

Check it out.

It sounds like you have OI, have you been tested?

I had a tilt table test and echocardiogram to get my diagnosis. It is much more than just a funky heart rate.

Let me know what you think.

Sofi