?preventing hormone and vit mineral binding????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sofy, Mar 19, 2003.

1. sofy

sofy New Member

I think it was Madwolf who said take any hormone at least 6 hrs between any minerals and vitamins or they bind together and do no good. What exactly constitutes a hormone? I am taking cortef and levoxyl. Would both of these be considered hormones? Since I have to take the cortef morning and noon getting in my calcium and vitamins might be a little tricky. Am thinking about trying 5htp to see if it helps with better quality sleep. Any thoughts about if this is a hormone?
    Any input on an inexpensive multi vitamin you like would be appreciated. I would like to have the Mercedes multi but my budget says Ford or less.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/19/2003]
  2. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I really hope Madwolf answers this, as I am curious also. I am taking Pregnenolone, the mother hormone that the others are made from, and I take it every other morning with a handful of other vitamins and minerals. I have seen changes in my sex drive and mood since taking it, but nothing dramatic. I hope I am not diluting it by taking it with the vits/mins. Pregnenolone must be taken in the morning, so I guess if this is true, I'll have to go without my morning jump-start of vitamins, at least on alternate days.
    Thanks for bringing this up, as it was new to me.
    Klutzo
  3. sofy

sofy New Member

4. sofy

sofy New Member

move up
  5. sofy

sofy New Member

6. Fibromiester

Fibromiester New Member

Bumpity-BUMP !